Just bought an organelle!

Spent a few months deciding on a portable piece of inspiration. Got down to an organelle or an OP-1… Decided I liked the open source and the (fingers x’d) active community of development… I know a lot of OP-1 users feel the pace of development for it is pretty slow.

Anyway, I can’t wait!

About to produce an album with this female singer… Hope to use the organelle for a lot of the writing… Instead of a computer… Or a guitar or piano…

We’ll see. :slight_smile:

Wow, so I live in Europe - Ireland - and ordered this yesterday… from a UK company whose warehouse is in Germany… found out it will be delivered… today!

One day delivery - sweet!!

Can’t wait!

Hi :slight_smile: Just ordered my Organelle. Was wondering if the album you mention was completed?

Cheers,
–Joe

Hi
Welcome
I suggest you begin with Pd Tutorials
http://www.pd-tutorial.com/english/index.html
work through them and get into Pure Data
AVOID Pd extended – it will seem like the way to go but it’s no longer developed or maintained i should say
[i am not gong to argue this point folks!]

Grab and install [if you have not already Pd Vanilla and then you can install externals for your type of machine
with help --find externals – then you type in what you want [for example “soundhack”]

and then say YES to everything let it create a path and add the externals to your path
then you can use/test patches that you will turn into organelle patches

Some people think “active community of development” and they have no intention of contributing to that, they just think “oh free patches” Trust me, the more you delve and learn Pd the more fun you will have!!!

Welcome and enjoy the Organelle --I think we have the most vibrant development in electronic music right now and i am overjoyed to be participating

Happy New YEar!

Wow, thanks for the informative welcome!! :slight_smile: I’ll be doing what you suggest right away. I’m also in tune with your comment about open source/“oh free patches”. I definitely want to create patches and share them. I’m stoked that it runs linux, which I have a fair amount of experience developing in and for, so might be able to contribute to that end of things, too.

Happy New Year!!
Cheers,
–Joe :slight_smile:

awesome! So glad you chose to join us.
We have Supercollider now thanks to @thetechnobear and in 2018 i’ll be rolling out csound6~, RTCmix~ and a few other interesting tools and features ranging from Max patches, IRCAM effects, Modal Sythesis and an full emulation of an Eventide Harmonizer as well as fluidflow~ a type of water synthesis that is super fun sounding

welcome again!

shreeswifty~

2 Likes

Thanks again! If you have github/bitbucket public repos, I’d love the URLs. I’d like to study current examples to learn. Also I’m happy to help review code if that’s welcome/desired (github id is jbuczek).

Cheers,
–Joe :slight_smile:

my examples are posted here in the threads one of the benefits [i hope] of joining the forum

how will you implement hosting of max patches shree? literally running max via installer like with SC or emulating max patches in PD?
also, which IRCAM effects? :smiley:

I ported the Max code from PeRcolate – The Max Ugens directly to Pd

here they are as M4L files, all the Max Ugens were ported

The IRCAM/nSlam “xjimmies” archive by Zack Settel and Jean-Michel Dumas was released in 2006 and had components that were geared to be less taaxing on RT linux systems and included:

XJIMMIES/IRCAM
FILTERS

1. apass3~
  2. coef_bpass3~
  3. coef_hlshelf2~
  4. deg2rad
  5. db1
  6. db2amp

DELAY. flange and fbdelay

• delay1~
  • envfol2~
  • fbdelay1~
  • flange1~

A Harmonizer with ZERO Latency on par with EVENTIDE

• harmbank1~
  • harmv2~
  • helem1~
  1. Harmonic Phase Banks
    A LA Steve Reich [it actually includes a Steve Reich sample in the demo!
  2. loop1~
  3. odrive1~
  4. pbank
  5. pbankgui
  6. peq1~
  7. peq2~
  8. peqbank1~
  9. phaseshift1~

This is a super Low-latency gorgeous sound processing toolkit reminiscient of the ISPW Max days

It is with great joy and respect that i port these objects for artists and designers for posterity

shreeswifty 2017/18

2 Likes

Woah all looks amazing! Can’t wait. Especially excited for that harmonizer - I enjoy using the IRCAM PsychHarmonizer in Live. Could it bring us closer to a realisation of this dreem?

I dont see any code to download at that link? am i missing something obvious?

No There is now download yet there was a video example of Tom Hall’s version of the Max Ugen’s so people could get an idea what they will sound like: I would not make a big release inside a thread

the max Ugens that are working are:

escal~ signal rounder.
flip~ signal wraparound / inverter.
flute~ flute physical model.
ftom~ frequency to MIDI conversion.
gen5 exponential breakpoint function generator.
gen7 linear breakpoint function generator.
gen9 computes a sinusoidal wavetable.
gen10 computes a harmonic wavetable.
gen17 solves chebyshev polynomials.
gen20 random function generator.
gen24 scalable breakpoint function generator.
gen25 hamming/hanning function generator.

and several of the weird “Random DSP” externals like Munger~ & Scrub~

ANd they will be ready in a few days

sorry, I get confused with announcements, I can never tell if your releasing something, or talking about releasing it…

perhaps when you talk about these things, you could give web/source code references,
after all, the ethos behind open source is sharing (and for many licenses if you are sharing binaries your are obliged to share the source code too)

anyway, I think I’ve found what your talking about…

http://www.tot.sat.qc.ca/down_nslam.html
full linux source for nslam2.0.zip

looks like its a fairly straightforward compile, as its only a handful of externals, the rest are just pd abstractions - no?

does look quite interesting.

percolate, quick search I found this:

is this the basis your using, or is there another one?

I linked the stuff for the xjimmies the other night feel free to build patches with them too
I release the source inside the patches when they are done. Until then i’m not obliged to do anything

by porting them i build them on i386/then build them for organelle and then try to build a patch that works on the organelle. and i actually linked all the info up a few posts, grazing through abstractions from 11 years ago and testing to see if they will actually not be too heavy for the organelle to run.
Back in grad school we had Zack as a CIR for a week and i recall him showing us his stuff so i returned to them recently because the harmonizer is quite good.

i guess what i am saying is building them is usually not terribly difficult but makinthem all into working organelle patches is what i dig

1 Like

And to save you some time Gary & Perry changed the STk api so grimm’s version worked 6 years ago