General topics about the Organelle. How you are using it. Questions about using it. Music you are making.
Off the top of my head i’m thinking patches for sampling either live sampling or just sample playback, sequencing and arrangement, reverb or delay (using organelle as an fx unit) these would all be great. Just the thought of playing one instrument as a sampler, switching patches and having it be an effects unit gives me goosebumps!
I’m unfamiliar with pd, installing it right now. I feel i’ll have a better idea of what direction i’d want to explore for making patches once i’m slightly more familiar with the environment.
Yes! Those are all possibilities. The Organelle will ship with a bunch of synthesizing/sampling/fx default patches, but the real power is how it can be expanded.
Have fun checking out Pd! There are bunch of tutorials to check out here: https://puredata.info/docs/tutorials
Honestly, I plan on using the organelle like a midi utility knife for doing weird shit.
Here’s what i’ve been thinking about:
- Midi clock multiply/divide
- Patch librarian, patch randomizer, patch interpolation (defined on a per-model basis for other synthesizers)
- Midi message filter / converter (think about playing your kaossilator pro’s with a keyboard)
- Scale mapping / Note quantization, custom scales, micro-tuning (changing fine tune on per-note basis)
- Patch (SysEx | bank+program) load on note press (could have a drum kit split across patches on a microkorg, different notes load and send a note-on. would be interesting.)
- Multiple midi arpeggiators, CC lfo’s
- Conditionally sending out midi messages
- Making a virtual midi patch bay, chaining parameters together
- Change response curves for CC’s
- Implement Poly-chain for devices which don’t have it (microkorg/ms2000, for instance)
An Electro Harmonix 45000 patch
- 4 mono tracks
- reverse recording
- adjustable loop speed
I want to to confirm that the organelle is line level. Can anybody help me confirm this? I saw it posted on the forum here but couldn’t find the info elsewhere so I would like to get one or more people confirming that it is indeed a line level piece of gear. Thanks!
Hi, Just got my Organelle a few days ago. It was a pricey decision for me but I finally pulled the trigger when I read about Orac. I’ve played around with PD in the past and I’m excited to get my feet wet. Meanwhile I’ve already been absorbed for several hours at a time. I pretty quickly figured out how to put overloop on the end of my orac signal chain and loop what I was doing in other modules without triggering loop start/stop. Now the problem is navigating back and forth to manage the modules. Maybe there’s a midi filter solution so the start/stop triggers for 1 note but not the others so I can just play around it? Anyway, love it so far!
Apologies up front for the most basic of inquiries, but…
I’m about to receive my first Organelle M and I’m super excited. I waffled back and forth between all the critter and guitar products, mainly the Septavox, bass bolls, piano and Organelle units. Is it fair to say, that the an Organelle can do most of what the Septavox could do? If not, what are some advantages to owning both. I may still purchase more toys and am wondering what current users have found and would recommend. Again, sorry for the basic inquiry, but I’m a rookie!
That all sounds awesome! Just got my organelle the other day , this is a beast of a piece of hardware.