Making a sample editor based off Segmenti

Hi! I am currently working on trying to figure out how I could make a sample editor that functions using a lot of the same functionality as Segmenti (i.e set start and end points, speed control and most importantly, a visual representation of the waveform). The hard part that im running into is how to take the segment and export it to a file. I personally would find great use in this to chop up long samples without having to load them into a computer and then using the file manager patch to move them around. Any help or tips would be greatly appreciated! I’ll send updates of any progress I make

4 Likes

Great idea and I would love to see such a patch! I am not very familiar with pure data but maybe the patch “Samplenest” samplenest | Patchstorage can help you.

This patch can resample a sound with given start and end point so maybe it has something you can adapt.

Another patch that might be a helpful reference for resampling is Mutations 23

@axlwaii I actually started working on basing it more off samplenest and am getting a lot closer to how I want it to work! I will be sure to check out Mutations 23 as well!