MIDI Foot Controller for Organelle?

Hey all,

Tried poking around but didn’t see any topics exactly like this so I figured I’d throw it out there: Does anyone have experience using a MIDI foot controller with the Organelle? Something like the Keith McMillen 12-Step, perhaps?

I’m guessing I could switch between sampler patches and melodic patches and have the 12-step assigned to keys in order to play melodic bass notes or trigger samples/loops with my feet. Does that sound right? I’m a MIDI n00b.

2 Likes

I bought a cheap MIDI foot controller on ebay and it works great. It only sends MIDI program changes but I have just written an abstraction that turns this into control changes but equally could send MIDI note ons, etc. That’s the beauty of Pd and the Organelle, you can write abstractions for it to do anything!

2 Likes

Sorry, I should elaborate further, you could then go on to make these messages do anything in a patch, anything that you could use the AUX button or any of the other maple keys, the patch just needs to be written to give you this functionality.

2 Likes

At some point I have to dive more into Pd and MIDI! This may be as good a time as any to start, if the 12-step doesn’t work as a plug-n-play device with Organelle. Thanks for responding!

1 Like

I have a KM softstep I can try out if you like? Been meaning to hook it up for ages

2 Likes

If you get around to it, I’d love to know how it goes!

1 Like

yep, works fine. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Heck yeah - thanks for the info!!

I was just wondering the same thing! Could the same thing be accomplished using the Behringer FCB1010 MIDI Foot Controller Pedal? I am also hoping to seamlessly switch between patches on the organelle with a foot controller during performances.

If anyone would be willing to share their process successfully setting this up that would be much appreciated! (also a PD noob :sweat_smile:)

Since OS 3.0 , Organelle supports switching between patches using program change messages

Good to know! Would you be kind enough to walk me through that process? Or point me in the direction of a resource that shows me how to do that? Thanks!