Guidance on Footswitch/Program change implementation

Hi all, I’m wondering if there are any folks here who’d be willing help me out with a Pd problem I’ve run into on the Organelle. I am trying to set up my foot switch to incrementally change patterns on the Digitakt. Hit switch, pattern advances one. So far I have this setup:

Screenshot (3)

Which changes the Digitakt pattern to pattern #6 over MIDI channel 11 where I’d like it to just advance upwards by one with each bang. I am very new to Pd and programming in general, so if anyone could point me in the right direction for further research I’d really appreciate it.

Hi Scott!
I’m not an expert, but I hope I can help you in your PD quest.

If I understood:

• Your MIDI channel is 11
  • You want to change program using FS

Here, the FS is changing between 10 different programs.
Is it what you were looking for?

Cheers mate

prueba midi.pd (1.3 KB)
Screen Shot 2021-02-15 at 10.44.43 AM

Wow, thank you for taking a crack at it! I actually used your pgm change patch you made as a starting point. I’ll try this out later today.

I got it working! Thank you for your help man. I was able to simplify your patch and get the functionality I wanted with the digitakt.

The key was the select object with the +1 operation feeding back into the float. Now I can build off this by adding a command to reset the counter (as opposed to reloading the patch) and making it so holding the pedal will move the pattern back 1. Eventually turning my old Organelle 1 into a deluxe midi controller for the DT. Thanks for saving me 50 bucks!! This is a satisfying feeling.

1 Like

Awesome! It’s a satisfying feeling for me as well to be learning this.

I’m controlling Meris pedals and also saved some bucks from getting a Monrning Star or something like that.

I would suggest you an edit. The number box after “% 15” is not necessary, I was just verifying. :slight_smile:

Screen Shot 2021-02-16 at 6.25.44 PM

Happy PD’ing!

1 Like