Multicycle - Multitrack MIDI looper/sequencer for ORAC (BETA)

So it’s like midi tracks in ableton where if a loop is triggered mid note it will be silent. And the loops are always running, you just mute/unmute them.
I get it now! Thanks! :+1:

Hi WyrdAl, finally have some time to play around with MultiCycle. After installing it on my organellem, I get No patches found msg when I try to run it. I want to try it standalone as well as in ORAC. Thx!

Multicycle is only designed for use in Orac as it is just a sequencer. It is designed to be placed in the low D# (S2) module slot and can then send sequence information to various synthesizers and such

Ah - Maybe I read some old notes that said it also worked stand alone. But I’ve gotten it working as you describe. Thx!!

1 Like

Glad to hear it :slight_smile: It could technically be used standalone in Orac with no other additional modules and only using it sequences outside gear if you want but you would be missing out for sure!

Thx!

My issues now are more getting a handle on Orac. But I’m slowly starting to see the light.

Is it possible to turn off the Orac click as well as have the looper start recording from the first note?

I’m not sure what you mean by the first note? If you’re trying to have it start recording from the next downbeat that is not available. There is however a way where you can have the recording arm and as soon it detects notes, it will start recording. This is similar to how other C&G patches that have sequencers operate.

My favorite way is to use Multicycle is with a MIDI controller though and with armed recording off. This allows you to keep playing the same material over and over again until you get the perfect take and then quickly clicking the record key on your selected sequence to lock it in.

1 Like

To turn off the click, turn “Click Vol L” and “Click Vol R” all the way down.
As @T8R said, setting “Armed Rec.” to true also makes the looper start recording on note input and automatically end.

1 Like

One thing I’m missing from Multicycle is a way to reset the start of the sequences.

I’ve tried to implement a start/stop as i’m using it connected to external gear which will send start/stop messages,
but was unable to make it work…

The only hack was IIRC to send a bang and reload “midicycle.bin” preset when receiving start/stop, although it wasn’t an ideal solution as it realoaded the same preset and wiped any new changes, but in that case the sequences where re-aligning at start…

2 Likes

MIDI stop/start would definitely be great. That is the next thing on my TODO list, though I’m not sure when I’ll get to another update.
Was thinking of adding last version, but it turned out to be a bit tricky to get right, as since its a looper the intended start of the loop could somewhere other than where the recording starts/ends.
That is a good workaround!

2 Likes