New C&G Organelle Patches

I’m looooving these new patches! Thank you!!! :smiley: Bless you all!!!

3 Likes

Will Cycler work on the orig. Organelle?

Yes - we have not made a patch that doesn’t work on the Organelle 1 (original Organelle)! :grinning:

3 Likes

Yeah, this is why after 2 years playing and tweaking with my Organelle 1, I’m still impressed, dazed, confused and happy. :cowboy_hat_face:

1 Like

Here we’re showcasing three recent patches in action together: Freeze By Tempo, Quilt, and Cycler!

3 Likes

Cycler its working nicely loading a circle of 5ths on each key, makes a simple midi loop much more generative. Great patch

2 Likes

Soon: This new synth patch evolves its waveform! Sync the evolution to tempo, key presses / sequences (shown here), or change manually ! Stay tuned…:person_in_lotus_position::surfing_woman:

4 Likes

Sounds rad!

New Patch! Wasis is a polyphonic synthesizer with evolving waveform! Sync the evolution to tempo, key presses / sequences, or change manually. With each evolution, the subsequent partial is added to the waveform.

Download from: Wasis | Patchstorage

PS - this was the patch shown in the video from last weekend above.

6 Likes

Looking forward to delving into Wasis! When I press the aux button and “evolve” or “devolve”, nothing seems to happen (?) I can’t access the page that the video tutorial begins on. Please help.
Scrub that, have figured it out!

1 Like

It’s superb - thanks

1 Like

Namesake patch is out now! Organ/additive synthesizer with nine drawbars and sequencer!

Get it from critterandguitari.com/organelle-patches/namesake

3 Likes

Lovely sounds. Just one thing: the draw bar selection with knob 1 seems kind of lagging. So if i turn knob 1, nothing happens at first and after half a second it jumps to another bar. Is this normal?
I have a white organelle m.
Thanks in advance

Hi - no that is not normal. Do you happen to have a sequence playing with that change recorded?

Hey… no its just after starting the patch. Made a small video…
All the other knobs are working fine. It’s not a hardware problem with the first knob i think. It works perfectly in other patches.

https://vimeo.com/manage/videos/758062837?embedded=false&source=video_title&owner=8805213

Thanks for the video. I just tried the following to see if I could replicate it:

1. Download the zipped Namesake patch from PatchStorage
  2. Power up an Organelle M running stock OS v4.1
  3. Upload to Organelle’s SD Card storage partition using WiFi
  4. Using OLED Screen & Encoder: Navigate to zipped file location and select ‘Install Namesake.zip’
  5. Launch patch
  6. Move Knob1 as you did in the video

…and I am not able to get the lags you do. Are there any steps in the list above that you did differently?

Sorry… my bad. Just updated from 4.0 to 4.1 and now it works. Wasn’t aware of this new firmware.
Thank you for your help!

1 Like

Note: This is NOT recommended for the original Organelle (aka Organelle 1).

Boo. This SUCKS

The above ‘note’ was not completely clear. Sorry about that.
The Namesake patch does work on the original Organelle. The manual has been updated as follows:

Fun Idea:
Use the sequencer to sequence waveform changes and volume adjustments!
Note: This ‘fun idea’ is NOT recommended for the original Organelle (aka Organelle 1).

1 Like

Great! Thanks @chrisk . Look forward to trying it :slight_smile: