New Patch: DonnieLoops

Testing this morning and still has some bugs but is playable. It’s a 4 track looper with metronome to give timings, and then you can add tracks on top. Then you can reverse, octave around the loops (e.g turn guitar into bass part) add reverb, pan, volume etc. Great fun!!

4 Likes

Amazing! Nice work…

Are you going to make it avaiable to download? I would love to study the patch…

It’s basically what I’ve been looking for in a looper for the Organelle… Only other thing I would ask for (but I don’t even know if it would be possible) would be start and end point manipulation…

and again amazing work and thank you for putting the time into this…

Yes, definitely for sharing. Just need to tidy it up a bit etc. I think some of the bugs might just become quirks or it’ll never finish.

This is really good stuff on looping / sampling (3.4.2.5 in particular):

http://www.pd-tutorial.com/english/ch03s04.html#id426491

Thanks for the link! I’m going to give it a read… Unfortunately I’m at the very bottom level of learning PD right now and just did my first ever VCO patch…

Again thanks for sharing your knowledge…

Man that is a fantastic tutorial in the link! Thank you…

I’ve uploaded patch:

http://patchstorage.com/donnieloops/

There’s a readme in the folder on how to play with it. Let me know if any issues as I haven’t really had time to test since the weekend.

1 Like

Hey Donnie! I’ve got an idea for a patch and with this looper i think you can help me or make it. It’s kind of a looper but that just happend when you press the key something like the loops that the kaoss pad does. I don’t know if you understend me jaja, sorry for my horrible english.

Sounds fun! I’ve no idea how to do it though :slight_smile:

Can’t figure this out!

Going back go this so it’s easier to figure out! Probably a bit late but it’s nearly there.

2 Likes

Nice. is there any version to test yet?

Nearly. Few issues found whilst videoing to address.

I’ve uploaded as work in progress. It certainly works better than the previous version from n years ago anyway.

Added filter and some midi integration so works with DAW and midi controller. That’s me stopped fiddling with it anyway. Time to play :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Hi there, I’ve been playing a bit with the latest version. Neat! Thanks a lot for sharing this patch.

• Since it’s a looper, I’ve checked the PDF schema and despite the fact the latest black key says “RES”. I can’t find any key to reset all the four tracks back to start. Since checking this bug?" maybe you could add a next to the REC buttons, the next four buttons to reset each individual track?

• I’ve played a bit with the bars and I’ve noticed it’s shared between all the 4 tracks. I would be thrilling to a specific bar to each track? What do you think?

1 Like

Yeah, RES does only do track 1 by design. Reset all 4 tracks would be just loading patch again, but I see the benefit of resetting individual tracks rather than playing over them! That’s fairly easy to do.

I did play around with starting loops out of sync. Different bar length sounds much better. There’s a concept in it of a master track though so need to get my head round that a bit.

Yeah the different bars approach is something I’m using quite often with my MPC. Super fast and super handy and you can switch between 1 bars to 8 bars for each tracks while playing live.

Updated on patchstorage adding different bar lengths for each track (with tracker to show where each track is) and delete individual track buttons. Great ideas.

Yeah cool. I’ll test that a bit later. “Grainman LiteFX” is super nice as well by the way. You’re unstoppable with PureData. I wish I could do that too. :wink:

1 Like