New patch: Mellowtron

It looks like the cases match between the .pd file and the folder names. But someone in the thread said that the Mac OS is case insensitive. Maybe its because I can’t see if they match or not?

Any other ideas?

Did you do this? “You need to rename the MkIIFlute and MkIIBrass folders so that the “K” in each folder is uppercase instead of lowercase.”

Sorry for such a late reply. I did do this. The case seems to match.

Attached are screenshots that may help.

Austin

ehm… apparently you did not. Judging by the screenshot you haven’t changed “k” in folder names MKIIFlute and MKIIBrass to uppercase.

Thank you! This whole time I assumed you meant making the instrument name uppercase (Brass), I totally missed the “K”

Again, thank you. Everything is working now.

Austin

I have a bunch of other Mellotron-style samples (per note wav files essentially).

What would be the easiest way for me to add these to my Mellowtron patch? I’m assuming just making folders for the other sounds won’t do it. I’m guessing I’d need to edit the PD code?

Hello, I’m new to the organelle, and I’m loving it so far. Since I’m in the early stages and don’t have any knowledge on pure data, I’ve come looking for help on this patch. I loaded it via the sd card over wifi, just like every other patch, but when I load it up on the organelle, no sound comes out. I tried also downloading the samples shown on the patch storage page, then dragging and dropping them into the mellotron folder and redownloading that new patch with those samples, and still no luck. Would anyone mind lending some help on this?

Hello!

Sorry I know you asked this question a while ago… but anyway, if you want to replace the original samples with yours, you could just replace the files (keeping the same names and file structure)
And if you want to add more sounds and new instruments, you’d have to edit the patch indeed.
I quite like this patch, so I’m happy to help if you want to share the sounds :wink:

Hello and welcome!

Did you re-create the folder structure when copying the samples? Here is how the patch folder should look like:

1 Like

Hi there. So I just reformatted the folders then dropped the samples into the corresponding folders and the reloaded them onto my organelle and it still didn’t seem to fix my problem. Do I need to drag and drop all the individual samples from the sample folders into the corresponding mellowtron folder? At this point, a step by step might be very helpful but I really do appreciate the help you’ve given me so far. Just trying to figure this crazy thing out!

Hello!

I’m confused about where your samples are… :blush:
All the sample folders (Cello, CombinedChoir, GC3Brass etc.) need to be in your Mellotron folder.

Would you mind giving us your patch and sample path?

Installation instructions:

You need to install samples for this patch to work!!!

1. Download all the mellotron samples from this link: Leisureland
  2. Unzip samples
  3. Drop samples in the corresponding folder of the patch (Put all the woodwind samples in the “woodwind” folder etc.)
  4. Rename all the Bb files in the violin folder to A# (don’t forget the number) Sorry, for inconvenience but, the samples aren’t mine…
  5. You need to rename the MkIIFlute and MkIIBrass folders so that the “K” in each folder is uppercase instead of lowercase. (MKII)

Your audio folder should look something like this:

1 Like

New to the Organelle. Been loading lots of user-generated patches on it the last few days (thank you so much everyone!) but this patch won’t play any of the sounds. I’ve read through a lot of the troubleshooting, but don’t know which way to continue. Thanks in advance for help!

I just sold my Mel9 pedal recently too, so I’m feeling extra Mel-stalgic :disappointed_relieved:

I had the same problem, there are no samples in the patch when you download it. You have to import the samples yourself. I think there is a discription on patchstorage. WOrked fine for me. Dragging the samples in the corresponding folders.

Does anyone possibly knows how to add glider/potamneto using PD…? instead of Chorus/Knob3 for example… I would be forever grateful if someone can tell me how to do…!

Speaking of adding to mellowtron if there was a way to choose 2 samples to play at the same time and adjust each volume it would be amazing

[Miditofreq] then a [lop~]?

|number input
|
[pack 0 133]
|
[line]
|
|smoothed out\

Amazing patch! Wondering if there is any adaptation for use in Orac? Thanks!