Novation Launchkey Mini MK3 with Organelle M not working?

I just got a Launchkey Mini mk3 and have not been able to get it working at all while plugged in and powered with the organelle. I’ve tried messing with the Midi channels and nothing works. It’s even worse after updating to the latest Launchkey Mini MK3 firmware, which when it is recognized in the MIDI settings screen and you save the settings, shuts off the Organelle M screen entirely and you can’t do anything except shut it down and turn it back on.

Any suggestions for making it work? If not, what is another recommended mini keyboard? The Akai MPK mini seems to work pretty well.

Thanks~! :slight_smile:

From Page 5 of the Launchkey Mini manual (https://fael-downloads-prod.focusrite.com/customer/prod/s3fs-public/downloads/Launchkey%20Mini%20MK3%20User%20Guide%201.1%20English%20EN.pdf):

When connecting Launchkey Mini to your computer, it will appear as a ‘MassStorage Device’, just like a USB drive.

…the Organelle is a computer, so it seems like there’s some confusion between the two devices.

The simplest thing to try is to avoid using the USB-Bus Power & USB-MIDI and just use the TRS-MIDI connections between the two. This is described at the bottom of Page 7 of the Launchkey manual under the heading: Using as a Standalone MIDI Controller.

Have the same problem. Yesterday it worked fine via USB, now everytime I confirm selecting the Launchkey MK3 Mini as a MIDI device, the screen will shut off upon pressing “save”. I hope the next Organelle Firmware Update will fix this one, if there’s no other way than using the MIDI connection yet.