AKAI MPK Mini

I have the same issue! The difference is that my midi controller is an Akai MPK mini, with the DAW works fine but with the organelle some notes get stuck, exactly in the same way than ejfogleman.

Curious, rare, strange, but sad.

Thanks everyone!

1 Like

Sorry to hear about your stuck notes. Looking at the overview section on this page: Portable MIDI Controller with Assignable Knobs MPK mini | Akai Pro

It says:

MPK mini works plug-and-play with Mac and PC and requires no software driver installation

When they mention only Mac/PC, it could mean that they don’t support Linux-based OSes like the one on the Organelle. It may be worth contacting AKAI to check.

Hi Chris,

Apologies if this is covered in other threads, but do you have a recommendation for a midi controller like the Akai or Arturia (keys + pads + knobs) that you’ve tried and is known to work well with the Organelle?

–Eric

I have also the Alesis Q25 and works perfect, but no knobs…

Yes, the same for Alesis Q25:

"USB MIDI and traditional MIDI for use with Mac and PC, as well as MIDI hardware"

And it works perfectly.

Anyway thank you for your response, also I enjoy a lot your patches!

Hi, sorry to bump an old conversation, but I’m curious if anybody’s found success here over the past year.

Has anyone gotten an Akai MPK Mini MK2 working well with the Organelle M? I am still getting stuck MIDI notes when I try to play multiple keys at once. I have tried disabling MIDI out (to try and rule out a MIDI feedback loop), and I have tried different patches. That doesn’t resolve the issue. I’ve also tried updating the firmware as well as changing the channels on which notes are sent. Still no dice.

I’d love to get this working since I don’t have another MIDI controller, and I’m not a big fan of the Organelle’s built-in keys.

I’m also contacting AKAI support to see if they can help. I’ll report back if I discover anything there.

Hey, I’m curious if there’s been any update on this? I got myself an AKAI MPK Mini MK2 to mess with ORAC and ORHACK, but the stuck keys certainly make it unuseable for live performances. Are there any comparable controllers that are proven to work reliably? I’m espespecially looking for the keys+pads+knobs combo without spending too much.

Looking through the forum that seems to be a problem in general on the Organelle. At least I found a post describing the same problem with the controller I use (AKAI MPK Mini MK2). Maybe it’s the same one you’re using. AKAI MPK Mini

This is not the case - the Organelle is not the issue. If you look at the specs for the AKAI MPK Mini MKII you will see the following:

AKAI MPK Mini MKII

In instances where only Mac/PC USB connections are mentioned in the specs, it could mean that the controller has not been designed to work with Linux-based OSes like the one running on the Organelle. It may be worth contacting AKAI to check.

I guess you’re right, but I feel like this is the case for almost all commercial MIDI controllers? Knowing Linux, I think it could be an issue with whatever sound server/daemon is being used. I’ll try contacting AKAI, but I don’t have high hopes as the last firmware update was 9 years ago (funnily enough fixing a hanging note issue).

Have you tried both usb ports on the Organelle?

Have you tried using a powered USB Hub in between the Organelle and the Akai MPK Mini MKII?

Tried both USB ports, but I don’t have a powered USB hub to test with. You think it could make a difference?