Orac module: switching between pages with the keys

So I’m almost done with a new orac module that I’m very much looking forward to use and share with the community. :slight_smile:

It’s a little midi utility that allows you to configure midi note info for each key (note, velocity, detune / pitchbend and midi channel) to be able to configure the organelle as a custom midi controller on the fly. You can swap between 7 presets by pressing the aux key, which gives you 24x7= 168 midi note configurations to choose from. Each of these notes has its own parameter page and you use the knobs to tweak what you want each key to do.

Now since it’s not so much fun to turn the encoder back and forth to find the specific page you need to edit out of 168 total parameter pages I thought it would be neat to be able to make the keys jump automatically to the page they correspond to, but unfortunately I cannot figure out how to do that.

The only lead I got so far is the “r activePage” object that I found on the module.pd template. I looked into what it is that it sends out and I could see it’s always two symbols: active module (ex a1) and active page name. I made some tests trying to send a message consisting of the same two symbols and even though “my” messages would print the same way on the PD console it’s only when I’m turning the encoder that I get the page to change. I also couldn’t find any “s activePage” object anywhere in the module.pd or mother.pd patches… would maybe be helpful to know where the “r activePage” is getting the messages from…

Any ideas of how to make it work?

Thank you so much in advance :slight_smile:

Screenshot 2021-02-01 at 11.04.38

2 Likes

Hey ! That’s a nice Module project !

Did you find more info about how activePage is sent ? It is aparently not sent by pure data as neither main and Mother seems to send it. Could it be an OSC message ?