Organelle 1 - does not receive the midi signal

Hi, I’ve been trying and trying for days, but my organelle S doesn’t receive midi signals from either ableton or pro tools.
I would like to send a midi track written on ableton inside the organelle.
but this doesn’t react on any patch.
also when i use an arp patch i wish it could be in sync with my daw , but that doesn’t happen either.
where could be the problem.
Where can I also view the firmware version of my organelle? on the info section, I read 4.0. so it should be updated?
what do you recommend me to do?
Thank you

My steps for midi issues would be:

1. Load this patch as it will show what midi is coming in (or out)
    MIDI Monitor 2.0 | Patchstorage

Then if midi is coming in it could be a patch issue.

1. Still no midi. Check the midi adaptor as there’s annoyingly different types. It needs to look like this Critter & Guitari
    For me I need to remember it’s the Orange one which makes life a bit easier as the labels kept falling off.

2. If I have the right cable and the patch above is not showing midi in I troubleshoot the DAW where my midi is coming from. Mine doesn’t default to sending sync data and used to decide to choose another midi interface that doesn’t exist occasionally (I eventually deleted that).

Hope you get it sorted!

ok thanks for the answer.
I mistakenly got the wrong version of my organelle. which instead is the ORGANELLE 1 version.
Can I follow the same steps you showed me?

Thanks

Step 2 is a USB midi device connected not adapter. Search found this thread first:

ok i tried to read but nothing helps me.
I have this MIDI to USB cable

https://www.amazon.it/OTraki-Otraki-cavo-USB-MIDI/dp/B07KYDP3GK/ref=asc_df_B07KYDP3GK/?tag=googshopit-21&linkCode=df0&hvadid=386514621055&hvpos=&hvnetw=g&hvrand=42895987534231 34340&hvpone=&hvptwo=&hvqmt=&hvdev =c&hvdvcmdl=&hvlocint=&hvlocphy=1008325&hvtargid=pla-651841667935&psc=1&tag=&ref=&adgrpid=87368426108&hvpone=&hvptwo=&hvadid=386514621055&hvpos=&hvnetw =g&hvrand=4289598753423134340&hvqmt=&hvdev=c&hvdvcmdl=&hvlocint=&hvlocphy=1008325&hvtargid=pla-651841667935

Could he be the problem?
but the midi out works, i can’t receive midi on the organelle from ableton.
Thank you

I would think the cable is fine if midi out works. If you can’t see any midi in events in the Midi Monitor patch above I would be looking at something in Ableton. I don’t know Ableton at all to help with that. Maybe someone else can chip in?

Have you been able to send MIDI out from Ableton to another device? If so, can you confirm that the Organelle’s settings on the MIDI menu are the same as the other device?

Please note that if you change a parameter on the Organelle’s MIDI menu, you will need to select ‘Save’ at the bottom of the menu, and then reload your patch so that the patch is updated with the new settings.

I can send the midi signal to ableton but I can’t receive it in any way even following the steps you told me.
Not only from ableton but also from pro tools the same thing happens.
Maybe it’s something related to my midi interface?
I have this:
https://www.strumentimusicali.net/product_info.php/products_id/76373/esi-m4u-ex.html-

in the manual it says to automatically recognize inputs and outputs based on the connection with the other device.
what could be wrong?

Thanks

I’m not familiar with that MIDI interface. It’s best to test individual components of your set up one at a time: Can you take that MIDI interface out of the equation for now and try only the Organelle & Otraki MIDI In with another device with a MIDI output that you know works?