Organelle in a live band

I think none of them do a sync’d start though…
e.g. imagine you have a pattern on the organelle, and a pattern on say an octatrack (as master)
you cannot just hit play, and they start in sync.

you’d have to hit play on the octatrack, then start the pattern (via aux) on the organelle exactly at the same time. in other words, its tempo sync’d…

(I suspect this is what was meant, but Id like to hear some clarification, and what use-case is being discussed here)

I notice this more when Ive ‘programmed’ things in advance on the Organelle , against other devices (or in orac on different chains)… if you are going it ‘live’ then I don’t see it since, the patterns are already running, and so just ‘stay in sync’

thats why I think its an interesting topic to clarify and discuss :slight_smile:

the only patch exception to this is grids-link , because there I actually used Ableton Link to synchronise the bar boundaries… and thats where I learnt how cool Link was for this, its fantastic just being able to start things dynamically and them automatically sync to bar/beat boundaries properly.

I did look into this for orac but unfortunately, I found that many of the patches/modules would need quite a number of changes to make this work properly - so postponed looking into this any further.

3 Likes