OTC - ETC on Organelle

yes, that is not normal …

can you confirm, that you are booting up the Organelle with it connected via HDMI to a monitor, i.e. you are not connecting a monitor after it has started. (just trying to find out what your doing differently)

Ok, the install logs look fine except an error about fluidsynth ( which is caused because that is not installed correctly, I raised this before) but I think that is not likely an issue.

I’m wondering if perhaps your organellle has an old image , which you then upgraded to 2.1?!

The reason I say this, is my clean install tests are done from the Organelle 2.1 image, not a 1.0 upgraded to 2.1

I could try this, but it’s really time consuming and something I probably don’t have time for today.

One thing is you could do which will solve the issue , is to reinstall the organelle OS, this is described here:

You’ll need a sdcard reader on your pc/mac and make sure you take the 2.1 image. (file with v2.1 at end)

This should work, as essentially it’s what I’ve been doing with the clean test.

EDIT: ok, done another ‘clean 2.1 test’, and definitely works fine… Im going to try a clean image , plus fluid synth install , then otc_install, see if the fluidsynth install is causing the issue.

EDIT2: ok, done a clean install (2.1) , install fluidsynth, install otc_installer - and this also works
(I can see the same fluid synth error, but as suspected its not causing the issue)
final test… I’m going to install the Organelle v1.0 image, upgrade it to 2.1 , then run otc_installer.

EDIT3: ok, installed v1.0 image, upgraded to 2.1, ran otc_installer - and also worked absolutely fine.

honestly, Ive no idea what went wrong with your installed, and Ive spent around ~2-3 hours installing different images, and software to see if i can replicate, and I can’t, so unfortunately, I have to conclude , that something that has been installed on your organelle has caused it to be in a state that I cant recognise…
(if you have any ideas what this might be Id be glad to hear, though frankly I don’t feel much like spending my entire weekend chasing this :wink: )

all i can suggest is that you reinstall version 2.1, as per this link:

I would recommend this anyway, as if OTC is failing to install, it may be that in the future you have issues with other software installations, as there is possibly something not quite right.

sorry, as i say, frustrating for me too… though given the number of clean installs Ive now done, at least Im now very confident for most users there should be no issue.