Piano patch (no lofi, no cinematic) just plain full multi sampled patch?

Hi nice C&G community,

I’m looking for a patch to have a plain full piano with my Organelle. I already know the really nice patches: Lofi Piano, Lofi and cinematic but I need a more classical one with a sequencer. Is there anything like this?

I’m having in mind a bit the hidden Grand piano in the Yamaha reface CP

Many thanks,

Nicolas

2 Likes

Haha, I’m responding to myself. I was wondering, the Lofi Piano patch is using 48 samples and it’s numbered from 1 to 48 but I just don’t get it how to define which number is a assign to which note? Any suggestion? If I can make a table, then I’ll be able to built a process?
And why 48 samples and not 88, considering this is the number of keys available on a Grand Piano?

Many thanks,

I recommend you to try Sampler Style 49.
Load the 49 samples of a piano. And if you like it, it can be modified for 88 keys. :slightly_smiling_face:

it’s numbered from 1 to 48 but I just don’t get it how to define which number is a assign to which note?

1 is C
2 C#
3 D
4 Eb
5 E
and so on

You can plug in your own piano samples to the LoFi patch. Just number the files like chkbeto said and replace the files in the patch folder

Thanks for all infos. I’ve tried it already and it works but not as well as on my MPC Live though. It’s missing some multi-layered samples ability to reach a more “real” sounding piano but thanks a lot. I’ll dig a bit more from this point. I like this forum and I like my organelle.

1 Like

This thread has a patch called Piano48 in it that I use for my piano needs. The notes don’t extend the full length of my midi controller so theres some awkwardness with octaves, and sometimes there is some clicking audio, but overall its been fine. If you end up building your own more fleshed out piano patch let me know! (or better yet, upload it to PatchStorage so others can find it!)