Recording video output to computer

Hi everyone. I have parallel doubts. Sorry for my English, being not a native speaker, II’ll try to be as clear as possible. I own an ETC and I’ve been using vjaying softwares for a few weeks now to integrate the results in my musical project. As there is no hdmi input on my MacBook pro, is there a way to integrate the output of my etc into my vjaying software, I’d love to blend the output of my ETC with the rest of my computer generated visuals in order to map the result with Madmapper. is there a device that could help me do that? So far I ve been using a webcam to capture and insert the ETC in the visual mix but I quite logically have latency issues. Since it reacts to the music I make, it doesn’t work the way I d like. Thanks a lot in advance for your help!

Hi @Jerome

You can use a Blackmagic Intensity Shuttle to get the ETC imagery into other programs like Adobe Premiere, Quicktime, Resolume Arena, etc. Here are some posts about this:

Thank you. Someone recommended me the Magewell capture device too. http://www.magewell.com/usb-capture-hdmi. It’s plug and play. Easy to use, great for me since I m not very technical. But I d like to make sure it works without latency before I decide myself. I also wish it could be recognized like a webcam in the other softwares I use, namely zwobot and Lumen. They’re not very known and I don’t see them on the list Magewell gives on their site but Madmapper is. Thanks for your help anyway!

I just picked up an ezcap280 HDMI capture device from eBay for $55 and it seems to work fine. You can’t adjust the resolution or bitrate of the encoded files, but quality seems fine.

It is a standalone device that get’s plugged in inline beween the ETC and your display. It saves the recordings to a USB thumb drive.