Sampler with LATCH

Hi everyone,

I’m using the Organelle to play backing tracks on an upcoming tour, and I’m using a Yamaha DTX-Multi12 (drum pad) to trigger them. Most drum pad samplers have a function where when you trigger one sample, it can turn the last sample off so you can trigger different parts of songs seamlessly. I’d like to use Jeraphy Simple OR Sample Style as my sampler, and I’d essentially like to make it so they can only play one sample at a time.

One possible work around might be to make it so that the sample would only continue to loop if the Organelle key was held down. The Yamaha pad can ‘hold’ a midi note, then switch it off when another note is played. The reason that won’t work with the patches the way they are now is because you need to press the button a second time to stop the sample loop.

Any help on this would be greatly appreciated!

Robert

Changing the subject on this one, because it seems like the way to go is to make a sampler that has a latch function, similar to something found on a more droney synth like Zone or Genny. I’ve only done very simple patching on PD-- turning poly synths into mono synths and the like.

R

Why don’t just build your own patch? Use the soundfiler-object to write your samples to arrays and then use the tabplayer~ object to play them back (it can receive stop-messages). Study the help files for these objects and you should be able to pull this off. Under PD HELP there’s a browser with tutorials and examples should you need more info…
Check out C&G tutorials regarding how to make patches for the Organelle and then build exactly what you need.

…and if you get stuck, feel free to ask for help.

Thanks for the info @callmesam. I’d love to make my own patch, but I don’t have time to learn all this stuff before I hit the road. I think I found a temporary solution. When I get back from this tour I’m gonna spend more time with PD.

As a side note-- thank you for Supersynth, Continental Breakfast, and Mellowtron!!! They are some of my favorite patches by far, I’ve been getting a lot of use out of them, especially the last two. :pray:

1 Like