Serialosc/monome with Organelle?

@sno will take you up on that as soon as it’s a little more stable!

playing my first gig with the patch next week, and working to tighten it all up over the next few days.

3 Likes

cool!!! :crazy_face: no rush, have a great gig next week! :wink:

1 Like

hi, congratulations for your work on the organelle with monome, i m really surprised! do you think it could be possible to do the same thing with a simple launchpad?

yes, i’m pretty sure it could be made to work with a launchpad. i’m planning on releasing the looping portion of this patch when i have a minute to clean it up, which can be adapted to work with whatever control surface. more info on the lines/monome forum here: https://llllllll.co/t/implementing-a-minimal-asynchronous-multitrack-looper-in-hardware/11893/44

1 Like

thank you very much! what a great work!

1 Like

ok, here are my first set of tools for implementing an mlr-like system in pd.

http://josephbranciforte.com/pd.html

download includes a record object [jblr.record], playback object [jblr.play], and a couple utility abstractions that handle dynamic non-local variables. documentation in the DEMO.pd patch should make pretty clear what’s going on, but any questions just let me know.

doesn’t include any of the monome- or organelle-specific stuff (yet), but if you have a look at the messages for [jblr.play] like “low”, “high”, and “goto” (as well as the loop position output)… should give you some clues on how to set it up.

(note: these do require the pd-extended library for a few essentials like [zl] from cyclone.)

7 Likes

wonderful! thank you so much for sharing this! :raised_hands:

just finished up encapsulating and writing some documentation for the first of a few monome extensions i plan on releasing. this first round will allow the a row of the grid to display playhead position and record status for a given loop, dynamically control subloop startpoint, subloop endpoint, and playback direction (using two-finger gestures), and jump to a position in the subloop (using single button presses).

you can download v2.0 here:
http://josephbranciforte.com/pd.html

note that there were some modifications to the [jblr.record] and [jblr.play] objects to allow the monome extenstions to work as seamlessly as possible. the basic functionality for those is exactly the same, so i’d recommend just replacing the original v1.0 abstractions with these new ones whether or not you plan on using with monome.

6 Likes

Thank you so much for doing this. I’ll try as soon as I can !

2 Likes

once again, thank you so much for doing this! :raised_hands::+1::clap: I’ll try it asap!

2 Likes

@chapelierfou @sno no problem! feedback/questions are welcome…

in the meantime, here’s another video of the organelle/monome looping system in action.

5 Likes

Thank you very much for this fantastic work, it is exciting. I would be very grateful if I could directly download a patch to use it. Sorry, I know nothing about programming and I do not know how to make it work. Thank you very much!! :slight_smile:

3 Likes

It’s not clear to me exactly - should v2.0 work out of the box with a monome grid (I assume serialosc installation is a prerequisite), or is some assembly required?

The video demos sound tremendous - I’m super excited to give this a go!

you people are making me want to buy a monome gird!

shakes fist at you all

:slight_smile:

more sensibly - this looks like a really cool combination - although the momome norns has me intrigued too

2 Likes

@naxuu

some assembly required. i’ve gotten a lot of requests for adapting the patch all kinds of different purposes. the cleanest solution was just to release all the core functionality as standalone abstractions, allowing everyone to put them together as they wish.

that said, all that you’d need to do to get v2.0 working for organelle/momome would be to install serialosc for organelle, program some organelle (or monome / midi controller) button presses to handle record/stop/resume functions, and design your interface using the [jblr.monome.row] objects.

i’m going to try to release a v3.0 that includes monome state saving and pattern record functionality soon. that would give you the complete feature set demo’ed in the youtube video above.

3 Likes

Thanks! I’m way out of my element as I’m just a PD beginner, but this seems like an interesting puzzle that will come in handy to figure out. Will wait for v3 but in the meantime I’m going to take a look at the patch and try to understand what’s happening.

(This gives me extra reason to go through the PD grid studies too)

1 Like

This is brilliant, thanks for the link!

2 Likes

hey i am working on one too so i am going to see what you have and maybe i can help
I identified two very good starts for monome/pd --for mlr which i think is what we all want
i have a 7 channel sampler/player glitcher working + a nice grid setup patch after going over the studies

Maybe we can setup a pd-monome consortium so we are not repeating the work?

3 Likes

here is an older patch for 64 sized grids, that does a bunch of the other work that could be adapted to teh JBLR stuff if i am not mistaken,

hey folks
This is NOT an organelle patch yet but i thought i would offer this up for folks who are having fun with monome [wasting time until the Norns gets here :-)]
this is test based on the pd grid studies patch 3.4 and i added 16 drum machines that cover some territory like Grime/Dubstep/Glitch & Dub

you need to be on Linux 64 for right now
You can easily get it working on mac0s with the lyon potpourri

2 Likes