Snowgrains - version 1.1 is out now

Ok so for anyone wondering why it is taking so long:

I got it running on my OG Organelle, it works great! Very similar to the original patch, a bit different.
It only works on one of my two sd cards… And I am trying to figure out a sollution to this.

It there a way to slow down loading of the patch(loading the externals are the problem) or do I have to break the patch up into [poly] objects and turn them on one after the other?

Any tips @chrisk @thetechnobear or @oweno ?

You can put a delay after a loadbang to stagger the timing of different parts of the patch coming online.

[t b b b b b b b …]. should also do, remember that first bang out is actually the rightmost outlet.

@chrisk @Servandob

Thanks for chiming in. This stuff I am familiar with, but it seems to me like the problem is that it loads heavy dsp plugins at the same time which overloads the system.

F.ex. some reverbs, saturation and filters. So these are audio objects~ and is not something I trigger to start. They are kind of always running.

So therefore I was wondering if there is some sort of “safe startup” or something that could delay the loading of the externals.

To make the patch run on the Organelle 1 I also need to set the buffer size higher, but I don’t think it switches quick enough so it is already trying to run the dsp objects and it crashes.

I think the issue must be one (or maybe more than one…) particular external. Or, in case that you are filling up big tables at once, that could be also problematic.
you could use [switch~] to delay switching on the suspicious / intensive objects.

Thanks! This sounds very much like it can be the sollution! Will try it out, thank you so much!

1 Like

Is there any differences between the 2 SD cards, sizes, specs?