Hi all, I’ve already flipped through tons of threads like this one, but as a newcomer to the Organelle and Raspberry Pi -adjacent stuff, any minute difference in the situation makes it hard for me to transfer the info over to my setup. I’m looking for help with the basics of setting up WiFi on my new Organelle M and would greatly appreciate any input you bona fide geniuses might have. Thanks in advance!
So here’s where I’m at so far, I’ll try to supply all the information I’ve got:
- just bought a USB adapter with the Ralink 5370 chipset (LOTEKOO 150M-Mini-5370)
- inserted, started AP mode, reads “Connected Organelle” but the “Stop AP” option reverts back to “Start AP” after a few seconds
- no “Organelle” network appears on my Windows 10 PC
- i’ve installed the RT5370 driver (from the Mediatek site) on my computer to be safe, still no change
- nothing appears when I plug the adapter into the computer either
- my router is 5GHz, not 2.4GHz, but i figure if I’m just starting out with the AP network it shouldn’t matter yet (right?)
Anyways, I’m at a loss for where to go from here. Please help if you can!