Organelle~ running csound

Thanks for sharing this!

1 Like

I think I have a my upcoming rainy summer days covered right hereā€¦

One question though for @oweno or @chrisk

Is there an easy way to ā€œtrapā€ the encoder knob? I notice that some patches make use of the encoder wheel to flip between parameter pages, but others just scroll through the patches list, which is also what my Csound patch does right now. It would be great if I could use the encoder to choose parameters and such, and then hand back to the ā€œmotherā€ patch/program through some ā€œhomeā€ menu item like some patches do (ā€œedrumsā€ comes to
mind).

Regards,
Anders

You may want to check out patches that use the ā€˜Aux Button Menuā€™ to select pages. This is achieved by holding Aux and pressing one of the 10 ā€˜blackā€™ keys. For example, the right hand column of the Zample patch selects pages.

1 Like

The following OSC messages help with this:

/enablepatchsub 1

This enables encoder usage in your your patch. The encoder values are then received at:

/encoder/turn
/encoder/button

Then your patch (pd or csound or whatever) is responsible for sending this message to get back to the main menu:

/gohome 1
1 Like

Thank you both @chrisk and @oweno!!!

The subpatch and gohome was exectly what I was hoping for, but I may just have use for the auxmenu as well - I think the combination can be really powerful.

Thank you again, and thank you for your great work with this wonderful machine!

Regards,
Anders

hi Iā€™m back and will be hacking some csound stuff again on M

2 Likes

Yes! Awesome. Thanks so much. Dr.B.

Hi

I have good experience using csound with the csound6~ object in PD. Until now it has been pretty stable for my use, though itā€™s not that reliant when sending MIDI to it. Would recommend it for FX etc.

Iā€™m trying to get csound running from within pd via the csound6~ object.
For that I need to install the pd-csound package.
Iā€™m trying to do this via ā€œsudo apt install pd-csoundā€ but getting a lot of errors with respect to different things (see screenshot). Not sure what the problem is here and where to start.

Update:
The following solved the above issue I had:

• Somehow the problem of resolving the raspbian.raspberrypi.org did not happen anymore after turning off and on the Organelle and connecting again to my network/router and turning vnc on.
  • Run /home/music/fw_dir/scripts/remount-rw.sh before trying to install csound-pd and after that run remount-ro.sh