Automatonism 2

https://www.automatonism.com/the-software

coolio

4 Likes

Indeed! Just saw this on Facebook, looks a lot less daunting than patching myself in pd. How does this work with the Organelle though? Is it as straightforward as dumping everything onto a USB stick?

Oh hello!
How timely!

no
you need to make the patches you want with it

Loads of awesome new modules!

here is an example of using Automatonism with Organelle
this one uses the new 303 object, a reverb and a delay

and a few other things

4 Likes

Sorry, perhaps I wasnā€™t clear - I just wondered if the Organelleā€™s dacs and ui can be used easily and the good news for the likes of me is that they emphatically can. :grinning:

For the benefit of Pure Data noobs like myself the author has rather kindly included 4 modules for the keyboard, aux, knobs and output of the Organelle plus the audio input module works fine too. Great fun! Got a nice west coast patch going which reminded me of my fondly remembered 0-coast with the load sitting at about the 25% mark.

2 Likes

Great, will have a play about with this tomorrow. Thanks! :ok_hand:

Iā€™m impressed you integrated the multipage template patch and automatonism shree - that was what i was trying to do last week and failing. I imagine one could use this patch of yours as a basis for developing their own. Is that so? Can you shed any light on the process you followed making this patch?

1 Like

Yes
Choose simple additions for the send/receives so fro example r lfo1/lfo2 so you add those to the object and save over the one included without messing up the system

Hope this helps

2 Likes

this is extremely helpful. thank you!

WOW! If thereā€™s a ā€œNinjaā€ badge on this forum - youā€™ve earned it! :raised_hands:

1 Like

Anyone noticed the Clock speed slider is scaled a bit oddly? Also couldnā€™t print a LP Filter to main.pd using the module selection box. Same issues for other folks? Might send an email over (including some congratulations :slight_smile: )

There is actually a 2.1 release addressing the LP Filter issue.

The curve of the clock speed control is a little weird. Always possible to use another square wave oscillator and adjust the curves yourself since it is PD!

ah cool, Iā€™ll take a look. that sentence about square waves confuses me so I think that might be out of my ability but Iā€™ll look into it!

the slendro scale with accent turned up is absolute :fire:

i prefer the term Pd jedi but whoā€™s counting

2 Likes

ā€œto learn the patch you mustā€

1 Like

Hi @shreeswifty and other PD jediā€“

Another beginner here (and not a coder in real lifeā€“please excuse misuse of the words ā€˜objectā€™ etc). Iā€™m trying to reverse engineer this A2 patch to see how I might use it as an Automatonism template (swapping in new modules and adjusting the mapping, etc.).

Iā€™m running into confusion while analyzing the mapping file. I see that knobs on pages are mapped to objects in the pd_guts layout. What I donā€™t understand is where the object id / object label comes from for each knob.

By way of example, the Page 4, Knob 1 is mapped to mv1: ā€œs mv1ā€.
11 AM

I get that, itā€™s sending to the first megaverb slider (ā€œsizeā€).

27 AM

But where is the ā€œr mv1ā€ defined as such, to correlate? Seems that mv1 indicates the first slider paramter in something idā€™d as ā€˜mvā€™. Iā€™ve opened the Megaverb component but donā€™t see ā€˜mvā€™ defined anywhere. Maybe Iā€™m just missing it (or completely misunderstanding it).

Once I can get my head around this Iā€™d love to put together a proper beginnerā€™s tutorialā€“from a beginnerā€™s mindset!

Thanks everyone for your help!

1 Like

if you open the abstraction and right click on that slider there is a send/receive field

Thanks for the helpā€“I really appreciate your time.

I opened the megaverb abstraction and right clicked on size and went to properties. I do see send/receive symbols here, but I donā€™t see mv or mv1 ā€“ where does that shorthand come from?

This is what I see:

Am I in the wrong place?