Alternatives to the Ralink 5370 chipset for AP mode 5Ghz Wi-Fi only

I have relocated and the residence I live in does not have 2.4Ghz Wi-Fi at all; only 5Ghz. I do not have access to any other internet nearby and am frustrated as I am no longer able to access my EYESY’s files. Given that theres little chance of me moving at the moment (especially for the sake of one inconvenience) I am risking getting a non-canonical dual band chipset to connect to the 5Ghz Wi-Fi.

It seems that according to my research that the Panda Wireless PAU0A AC600 Dual Band USB Adapter looks good. So I checked with ChatGPT

According to ChatGPT it says:

If the Eyesy video synthesizer uses the Ralink 5370 chipset and has compatible drivers for that chipset in its system, it’s possible that the Panda Wireless PAU0A AC600 Dual Band USB Adapter could be compatible with the Eyesy device.

Since both the Ralink 5370 chipset and the MediaTek MT7610U chipset (used in the PAU0A adapter) are from the same family of chipsets, there might be a chance of driver compatibility. However, it ultimately depends on the specific drivers and compatibility implementation in the Eyesy system.

To determine if the PAU0A adapter will work with the Eyesy, you should consult the manufacturer’s documentation, user forums, or support channels for the Eyesy video synthesizer. They would have the most accurate and up-to-date information on compatible USB Wi-Fi adapters and any required driver installations or configurations for the device.

Anyway, I don’t mean to rock the boat but im really frustrated and most of all sad that I can no longer enjoy my EYESY thanks to an arbitrary living situation and want to try this method- I am just checking if anyone has anecdotes or advice - especially regarding the drivers. Thanks for the help.

Hi, you can use the EYESY’s Access Point and join your computer that network in order to access the files you need:
https://www.critterandguitari.com/manual?m=EYESY_Manual#41-access-point-vs-joining-existing-networks

Yes this is what I am trying to do.
I cannot get past step 4. The EYESY network appears but will not connect saying the network isnt recognised. And from there on in the path for me is blocked. I am on an M1 Mac for reference.

But you can join your computer to the EYESY network? (step 3)

It appears in the network. I put in the password ‘coolmusic’ but fails to connect and then drops off and I have to restart the EYESY.

Did you ever change the password?