Arps/Seqencers tight sync w external clock/transport

First I’d like to say that I really love the organelle, and really appreciate the community vibes on this forum. Feel really lucky that this all exists.

I was sad to stop using the organelle due to issues with my favorite onboard sequencers (polybeats and arpeggiator) not syncing properly up via external clock/transport. Well, it’s been a while and I felt the urge to re-incorporate the organelle into my setup, BUT - I still need for it to sync properly (specifically arpeggiators played live, and polybeats or a similar sequencer that can save sequences). This was being worked on at one point I believe it was called sequencer bpm modules for orac but there remained sync problems if you were using organelle as slave rather than master.

So I guess I’m wondering if anyone else is using the organelle as slave, and has any favorite sequencers that sync well, (patches I could use, but orac modules even better) or arpeggiators w a latch mode that can be played live that will auto quantize new chords to the next 16th note.

I’m also curious if anyone has tried the sequencer bpm modules with the organelle M using the din-sync and if that solves the offset issue.

All in all, I realize that sometimes if a machine isn’t working for one’s specific needs, it’s often the wrong tool for the job. However, it seems crazy to me that an instrument so flexible and multi-faceted and customizable as the organelle wouldn’t be able to overcome this hurdle. Anyway, thanks for reading and I hope everyone is having fun and making music. xxoooxoxoxoxoxo

What are you using as a master?

1 Like

I was using elektron rytm when I first discovered the issue - it was a while ago and I think I tested using my MPC 1000 as well and had the same problem.

Thanks for the reply btw. Have you by any chance tried the bpm orac modules with external sync/transport? I’ve been wondering for a long time if I’m the only one wanting to use them this way.