I have been sitting at my computer for a while trying to make organelle patches in automatonism. Automatonism is like a modular synthesizer created IN pure data. At first, I didn’t think that this was really possible, but in automatonism there are a few modules for creating patches in automatonism for organelle. I don’t know how to use them though. So can anybody tell me how to make organelle patches in automatonism? Or even better, link me an in-depth tutorial on how to this? (Thanks)
I could maybe do you a wee vid later, relatively easy if you understand modular synths. Start simple, connect the Organelle keyboard to an ADSR and Oscillator. Then connect outputs to the Organelle output and your done.
Here’s a very basic synth, not patched up the knobs or aux:
Thank you for replying, and also thanks for showing me some stuff I didn’t know. My biggest question though is how do you get this simple synth (that you made in the picture) into the organelle? Or is that not how it works?
Here is an example of a 303 synth for Organelle made with Automationsim
I’ve got an Organelle on order and arriving soon. So a total noobie here as well! To echo @Blackapple, and forgive my ignorance as well–assuming the automatonism patch is mapped correctly, is it as easy as copying the folder with containing main.pd file to the organelle in the same way as any patch would be copied?
hahaha, no. we wish.
you will use a main but to control the patch on the organelle you need a menu system
take a look over @ patchstorage there are some incredible new developments for organelle including graphics on the oled screen which at some point i am going to enjoy tweaking
Download the Automatonism file and copy the whole folder into the “Patches” directory on the Organelle. This will show up on the hardware. I use the Organelle’s PD GUI to patch, just copy and paste this patch folder to create new patches. If you’re unsure how this works the C&G YouTube series on Pure Data are useful.
Thankyou. I actually almost got it but it didn’t work at first. But then i realized that this is actually because the main.pd file was actually called main_copy.pd. For anyone out there, make sure the main.pd file is still called main.pd when you put the files into the organelle.