Baby-jockey

based on the amazing DSP research of Katja Vetter i am overjoyed to present …baby jockey :slight_smile:

feed it a live audio stream and then press a few buttons for randomize slice points
and slice baby slice

this one should work on M and #organelle:organelle-1

9 Likes

Got some really nice sounds out of this one!

2 Likes

i had great luck while writing it with drums

Don’t have my Organelle around atm, so can’t look for myself…

But does this sync to midi clock?

If not, I think I need to make an edit of the patch :wink:

Look forward to try it out, I love the Slice Jockey. This is exactly what I like to use the organelle for :slight_smile:

i already added MIDI clock to it

1 Like

That’s great. thanks :slight_smile:

Hey,

I just watched a Video of Katja Vetter explaning her Slice Jockey Patch but I still have some organelle specific questions if you don’t mind.

• Is it possible to change the Tempo on the organelle itself? Without using an externel midi controller?

• when I press AUX a little plus in the right down corner appears. Can Someone tell me what this means/does?

• I also didn’t get what the interupt button does.

Here is the Video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T7AXzuEc_XQ

Cheers, dom

Hi Dom, it looks like you have Capture (< 2.5) activated, the little + was the recording monitor at the time, Capture now doesn’t use the encoder + aux combination since 2.6 to avoid this known issue (after holding the encoder for 1sec to show the menu, pressing aux was starting recording, due to a bug from the OS*). You should update Capture but you will need a latch footswitch to use it… sorry about that :v:

• : (edit) what i call an “OS bug” is : when pressing the encoder button [r encbut] receives a 1, but when the menu automatically closes, it doesn’t send back a 0, that’s why pressing aux only could start recording sometimes…
1 Like

Oh Thanks! I thought capture was off, because I did not activate it when I started my organelle. Thanks!

1 Like

Capture activation/desactivation setting stays when shutting down the Organelle, even if you remove batteries. :wink:

A little clip using baby-jockey on Organelle

6 Likes

LOVE It! thank you for sharing

super nice patch!
thnks for sharing!
I m trying to expand the controls on organelle,but I just cant figure out to
let the knobs go negative values for the speed control,what am I missing?

Organelles knobs go from 0 to 1.

If you offset the knob input by MINUS 0.5, then you get a range that goes from -0.5 to +0.5.

Another example:
If you multiply the knob range, which was 1 with 2, then you have a knob range of 2.
If you then offset the knob input with MINUS 1, then you will have a knob with a range from -1 to +1.

So use minus offset to get the range of the knob into minus values :wink:

1 Like

thnks! I made this version with speed controllers and slice padsJOKER.zip|attachment (333.2 KB)

2 Likes

Here’s the link.

https://global.discourse-cdn.com/standard17/uploads/critterandguitari/original/2X/9/9d493068cb6248badaa869320ea74c20c3e42f97.zip

1 Like

thnks! dont know what went wrong…

but this patch is making really cool sounds anyway!

2 Likes

This patch is such a gem. Might be one of my favorites ever.
I don’t much of a clue on how it works but been getting some really wonderful sounds out of this thing!

I really enjoy the sounds from this patch, but it remains an enigma to me. Maybe that’s all fine and I should view everything that comes out of it as gifts. But I can’t help myself, I’d like to understand it and at least somewhat control it to bring the sounds into songs.

Would anyone like to cooperate to decipher it?

The 4 knobs:
Dry/wet - reverb, right?
Decay - length of reverb
Prefilter - ?
Filter -

The far left buttons of the keyboard
Sequencer on/off
Slicepoint A: 0-3
Slicepoint B: 0-3
Slicepoint C: 0-3

The far right button:
Interruptor: -1, 0, 1

Aux / pedal ? (I don’t get this to react)

I get the impression that other buttons on the keyboard can make some shift to the loops, but I don’t really understand how.

I managed to get it to accept midiclock via USB from my OP-1, worked fine first time I tried. Second time I had to restart the patch/reboot the Organelle/Op1 til it finally worked.

Somehow I only get audio from one channel (instead of two) - is it supposed to be mono?

PS. Haven’t gotten around yet to try the Joker-patch with speed control. Will do!