Drumbo~ granulating drum machine VERSION 1

I am close to releasing drumbo~ a granulating drum chopper w/octave harmonization & recirculating-schroeder-reverb
it’s a drum patch that is uses chaotic variation and physical models for variable functions
It uses pmpd [physical modeling for Pd] to apply fluctuating values on buffer values, the results are pretty fun from my testing

some notes on the chopperL i implemented:

and the granulator:

how to use: granulator~ is a delay-line granulator which enables granulation of incoming sounds in realtime by altering the following parameters: amp pan trn - transposition of grain in cents dur - duration of grain in ms iot - interonset time (time between successive grains) in ms The envelope is a 3-stage line segment (ASR) using cosine smoothing and controlled by the following parameters: shp - % of the envelope used by the S portion skw - % of time (A+R) used by A. Higher values of skw will have an upwards ramp /| shape, and lower values will have a sharper attack | An envelope with shp=1 and skw=50 is a quasi-gaussian shape. dlt - Point in the delay line from which grains are read, up to 8000 ms. fb - feedback level (amount of dlgranulator’s output which is fed back into the delay line). voices - highest number of possible simultaneous grains (currently max. 16). The actual number of grains is determined by dur & iot as well. each parameter (except fb & voices) is controlled by 2 faders: the left fader controls the center value, and the right fader controls the range of possible values. Each parameter is chosen at random from within those boundaries.

2 Likes

Hey i need a few bug testers for this patch
Anyone down with some bug testing for me?

I need a few people to test this out

thanks

pp

if you are in fact willing to bug test please let me know and i will send you the link password

beta male here wishin’ on a password

drumbo~ Granular Drum Machine OPERATION MANUAL****

Aux1 should turn on/off the Sample Player
Aux2 should select a new drum loop
Aux 3 turns on the physical modelling control voltage for the buffer randomization

Aux5 Turns on the routing for the Delay Filtering
Au6 Turns on/off the Sample Recorder

83 Starts loop recording
82 stops the recording
81 Type of granular [graincloud, pulsetrain, artifacts] three taps
72 step through mix modes [off, mix in, add] three taps

60 Buffer X sync
61 Buffer Y sync
62 Buffer gate on/off
63 Delay filter routing
64 sets the type of physical model [super elastic, loose elastic, follow and slowdown, super loose, tight]

Fixed Recoding function
On Page 6 you set the recording level in, 83 & 82 turn the recorder on off and 72 lets you select what kind of recording you want to do, a fresh New recording, mix in with and Add onto. So in theory ONTO the buffer and after the buffer, i hope that is clear.

trout-mask-replica

This is v1 of the drumbo~
It has 150mb of fancy drum loops for you to play with OR you can record a drum sample of your own to
bufferfuck
double buffer
chop the buffer
granulate the buffer
reverb the buffer
stereo-ify the buffer

This is based on the WONDERFUL work of the montreal pd users group & Thomas Grill’s xsample~

2 Likes

this file is not password protected that was a test for future bug stuff, you can download and go on this guy

1 Like

no sound for me…

i guess yours is broken :frowning:
Did you see the Notes?
Aux1 should turn on/off the Sample Player
Aux2 should select a new drum loop
Aux 3 turns on the physical modelling control voltage for the buffer randomization

Aux5 Turns on the routing for the Delay Filtering
Au6 Turns on/off the Sample Recorder

83 Starts loop recording
82 stops the recording
81 Type of granular [graincloud, pulsetrain, artifacts] three taps
72 step through mix modes [off, mix in, add] three taps

60 Buffer X sync
61 Buffer Y sync
62 Buffer gate on/off
63 Delay filter routing
64 sets the type of physical model [super elastic, loose elastic, follow and slowdown, super loose, tight]
Fixed Recoding function
On Page 6 you set the recording level in, 83 & 82 turn the recorder on off and 72 lets you select what kind of recording you want to do, a fresh New recording, mix in with and Add onto. So in theory ONTO the buffer and after the buffer, i hope that is clear.

if you are on windows make sure that when you unzipped the folder it did not create a folder inside of a folder
this is the single most probelmatic issue for windows users. If you unzip the file peak inside the new directory and make sure you can see the files [do not edit them but if inside the new folder there is ANOTHER folder you have to use THAT folder on the organelle].

Remember, Organelle needs to find “main.pd” inside a folder to operate on the Critter & Guitari Organelle

If the files are there then follow the NOTES provided

1.) UNZIP THE FOLDER [check to make sure regarding the folder in a folder anomaly [usually windows only]

2.) PLACE THE FOLDER in the /Patches folder on your Organelle

3.) Load the file by navigating to “drumbo” and using the selection knob and pressing it
the drumbo system will load [if you don;t see a menu 99% of the time the
"folder in a folder issue has occurred"

4.) Press AUX 1 to start the sample playback. Still no sound? The system is on but you probabaly need to select a soundfile. Navigate to AUX2 and press AUX2 once to LOAD A SAMPLE. There are about 150MB of DRUM LOOPS included. On first operation you might have to LOAD a SAMPLE

Try these steps first

i finally got it going, not sure how!
crazy…

please tell me this has midi sync

1 Like