Drumbo~ the 6 channel MIDI controlled drum machine

Following the instructions on this one but struggling to get anything out of it… Dumb user error no doubt but a quick video would be killer if poss, especially if this is the default step sequencer approach in a bunch of patches.

Is it normal that when I select the step with knob 3 and hit AUX to turn that step ‘on’, that following this when I then use knob 3 to select a different step number, I see all steps are ‘on’ (or ‘off’, depending on state of AUX)? Doesn’t seem right?

Maybe some issue with my organelle in general as I’m getting a bunch of weird stuff across a load of patches (like presets that previously worked in the Vintage synth series now are just silence…Like they aren’t loading like they used to. I’ve changed nothing… Will try re-importing those gremlin patches…Wondering if similar thing is happening with this patch tho and the samples aren’t really loading… Hence silence?).

Also just found that the Benjoline patch is silent too and possibly down to my Pd extended folder version…

The version linked to near bottom in this thread has expired… Anyone got it available to share? Thanks

i am going to make a video of the Step Sequencer as i would like to have a simple drum machine that behaves like an analog step sequencer around. Drumbo~ uses no externals so it’s certainly a method thing.

once you get in once then it usually becomes self evident. I am trying to create a simple [read: non shitty cell phone] video how-to setup.

Benjoline was made like the first week i was patching and uses a huge amount of externals to function. I am removing it from circulation for a while and until it’s re-written.

cheers~

1 Like

benjoline [rungler1.1] is now deprecated awaiting updates. I’ll put it on my list of new stuff to re-do.
I am compiling a new set of pdlibs to replace the older, abandoned pd-extended libraries and abstractions. Bejoline was built when i was expecting others would be working on it/updating it was well. I’m frankly sure it’s a mess both menu and organization wise and i do recall hours of fussing with cyclone and a ton of other libraries.

I will talk with Derek Holzer and see what he has done update wise for it, i know i found and fixed one bug for him but that’s not a big deal. Anyway, hang in there and look forward to some version 2.0s coming this November!

1 Like

Sweet, V.2’s = good times. Thanks :slight_smile:

That’s great you’re gonna do the video for the drum machine patch, thanks. I’ll quit banging my head on my desk now and come back to that patch when the idiot’s guide appears :wink:

Looks like Wannop got it working with the little help i posted maybe he can add some clarity until the video is done. I’m sorry i got all into the Reich and the Drum machine became yesterday’s chicken salad. I’ve been dealing with my very old cat’s illness so i have been a little distracted this week

No worries dude. That sucks about your cat, best wishes.