Eyesy Audio Trigger via Mic (Resolved)

Hello everyone, I just got the Eyesy and having a very difficult time triggering movements via the audio 1/4 in input. I’m using a dynamic microphone, trying to trigger it with a full rock band, drums, electric guitar and electric bass. I have already set the audio input to the highest setting… Getting frustrated since it isn’t working as I was expecting it. Thanks

If you are using a dynamic mic to trigger, first check that you are getting good input level. Use the On-Screen-Display button to check the input level with the mic. Then make sure the trigger source is set to ‘audio’ using the shift key. Now you can check the On-Screen-Display again, and when audio input is around 60% (trigger threshold), you should see the trigger box light up yellow.

You might need to adjust input level (using shift key) to achieve different results. But more importantly the visual result will depend on what the sound input is. A full mix (band) coming in on the mic will be triggering all the time, and might seem random. So you can try applying the mic to individual sources (like a bass drum) for different results.

Thanks for your pointers I really appreciate it. Actually I have the mic pointed at my guitar amp so I’m not getting a full band mix. I did check however the on-screen display level and it was very high and maxed out at times… Trigger source has already been set to audio.

My problem were actually two problems… 1st a bad mic cable. 2nd added a DI box between the mic and the Eyesy. Works like a charm now…

Problem solved, thank you!!!