Fluidsynth~ Vintage Synth Series: JUPITER 2.2 update

I had the same issues in regards to the LADSPA plugins but I managed to install them manually on the Organelle-M.

Here’s a brief tutorial on how I did it for those who feel comfortable enough using the terminal. Please follow at your own risk.

1 - Open the terminal

2 - Re-mount the storage as read/write to be able to copy the files. Use the command:
sudo /home/music/scripts/remount-rw.sh

3 - Copy the Install-LADPSA (unzipped) folder to the Patches directory inside your SD card.

4 - Enter the 3 commands to manually create the folder and copy the files from the install folder:
sudo mkdir -p /usr/lib/ladspa
sudo cp -f /sdcard/Patches/Install-LADSPA/so/* /usr/lib/ladspa/
sudo cp -f /sdcard/Patches/Install-LADSPA/ladspa.h /usr/include

5 - Restart the Organelle.

I also installed fluidsynth manually since I couldn’t get the installer to work correctly on my Organelle-M.
Here’s how I did it:

1 - Follow steps 1 and 2 from the steps I listed above.

2 - Copy the Install-FluidSynth (unzipped) folder to the Patches directory.

3 - Download the fluidLoops instrument from Patchstorage, copy the libfluidsynth.so.1 file included in the Organelle-M folder to the Install-FluidSynth folder (replacing the existing one). This is important as it seems that the file that is included in the FluidSynth zip is not compatible with the Organelle-M.

4 - Copy the files using the commands:
sudo cp -f /sdcard/Patches/Install-FluidSynth/libfluidsynth* /usr/lib
sudo cp -f /sdcard/Patches/Install-FluidSynth/fluidsynth /usr/bin

5 - Restart the Organelle.

Once again, since you’ll have to re-mount the storage as rewritable, make sure that you’re being careful since you could end up messing up other important files if you’re not paying attention.

3 Likes