I’m having an issue with the main selector encoder on my Organelle M.
When I turn the encoder to navigate through the menu, it often behaves erratically — it jumps back and forth instead of moving consistently in the direction I’m turning it. Interestingly, the problem seems to be worse shortly after powering on the Organelle, and after it has been running for a while, the encoder becomes somewhat more stable.
I’m already running the latest Organelle OS.
I also tried cleaning the encoder with contact cleaner, but unfortunately this didn’t solve the problem.
Do you have any suggestions for what I should try next? Could this indicate that the encoder itself needs to be replaced, or could there be another hardware issue causing this behavior?
I’d be happy to provide any additional information or perform some tests if that would help diagnose the problem.
I sent an email to support a few days ago, but I haven’t received a response yet.
If the problem developed over time the encoder might need replacement. Hard to tell, but it also could be a cold solder joint somewhere on that one encoder, which gradually got worse over time and use.
The latter is an easy fix if you’re comfortable with an iron, or have a friend who is.
The encoder is mechanical and can wear out or become dirty, it’s been a problem over the years.
A drop of contact cleaner onto the encoder shaft and then turning to work it in usually helps, but not always. At that point replacing the part is next. The encoder part number is EC11E15244G1.