Mimic (borrowed) Knobs

So each month I’ll exchange Organelle knobs for what I have around (keyboard, sound module, any device) and record audio or send MIDI to it and take a photo if anyone wants to guess to what device knobs belong to :wink:

In order to stimulate using Organelle with that “device” and fuel creativity, test ideas…
Oh, feel free to join ( or just go get a distilled alcoholic beverage of some kind, maybe its faster)

January

3 Likes

Cool idea, where’s the audio though?

1 Like

and video/audio of this month “owner of the knobs”

3 Likes

and a last one for this month, until I return the knobs to its owner :wink:

I was gonna guess an OTO machine but a quick google scuppered that! Keep this going!
Nice jams btw!

1 Like

Very nice! And I had no clue where those knobs came from! Good game! :smiley:

1 Like

… and back to it! This month from a device more recent, and thats a hint :wink:

2 Likes

had no idea on the last one, but these look like the 0-coast? if it is lets have jam with these two …

1 Like

OH, and Bingo ! spot on :fireworks: @thetechnobear :fireworks::fireworks:

jam yep!! already cooking something with those skinny knobs ;-

1 Like

he he… they looked very ‘eurorack’ , so was an easier one this month :wink:

anyway looking forward to the jam … its a lovely sound box of tricks, I can imagine all sorts of combos with the Organelle.

1 Like

First of this month, maybe over cooked…
Can’t really (yet) hack into Pd patches and get ideas out; so I’m looking for OG patches that can send/generate MIDI and process audio.

1 Like

this is fun
I would like an alternative set of knobs, is there a specific size they have to all be?

1 Like

They are 6mm D shafts I believe. I bought these:

https://www.thonk.co.uk/shop/1900h-d/

2 Likes

i like it. so i am going to order two sets of knobs i have always head about Thonk but never had cause to explore their catalog
for a few dollars why not? Did you have a hard time getting the originals off?

Happy you think like wise @shreeswifty :wink:
I do think there is a “raison d’tre” playing with and exchanging knobs of the little Organelle.
Although I wish there where more variety.

I’m sure there is a couple of ways to do it, easy and not damaging anything in the process
youtube is your friend…

But for me a Shoelace or string does the trick :wink:
https://youtu.be/r1WMDu50YmE
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wVZV2aOMD2U

1 Like

thanks – i am notorious for breaking something for completely random reasons so i appreciate the shoelace tip

:slight_smile:

2 Likes

Np, @shreeswifty happy to help; I’m guessing your gearing up for @ TEDx and SUNY for the Organelle :wink:
Best of luck!

I actually think the original knobs feel great, but the OCD guy in me hates the encoder with a line on it so I had to swap it out and did the volume too so it wasn’t lonely. :joy:

3 Likes

Ooh I like this one. Y’all are crazy for ripping and swapping these knobs though.

1 Like

March:
Spring, Sun, Rain… play, setups… JOUÉ (finally arrived!!) shift things around.

So, clue for this month; its a device… brand - the rotary encoder is from another brand…
Video will be… with JOUÉ :wink: hopefully!

3 Likes