Hey all, I’ve noticed that my ETC USB is ‘eating’ my newer modes. I’ll alter some code from existing MODES (changing text or images) The modes are on the USB and visible when playing the ETC. Although I cannot see them on the usb when I return to alter them some more. Anyone every experience this? I know I should just re-format the usb but I don’t want to have to go back and start again. any input would be great.
To confirm your workflow:
- Remove the USB drive from ETC
- Insert in computer and copy/duplicate mode folder
- Edit code/files in that newly created folder
- Eject USB from computer, insert in ETC, and reboot ETC.
- New modes work fine on ETC
- Eject from ETC and reinsert in computer to do additional editing
- New mode(s) are missing from file list
Do you have the new mode files saved somewhere other than your USB Drive?
Yeah that is the workflow I’m currently using.
Some patches I have backed up but others I don’t.
Thanks for confirming that. Are you using the USB drive that came with the ETC? If so, is it a San Disk-branded drive or one with white top and black underside?
Yeah, using the stock USB that came with the ETC
is it a San Disk-branded drive or one with white top and black underside?
White top, Black underside
Thank you for that confirmation. It’s probably best to stop using that drive altogether.
No problem! I’ll look into getting a new one