I think the envelope knob should actually allow finer adjustments, but the display truncates the number to one decimal place.
Its a bit confusing, I should probably make the range 0-100 instead.
Wannop: Most of the other modules in the repository are unfinished, some are just placeholders for ideas
I have one or two more that are pretty close so hopefully I’ll post them this weekend.
I also posted a MuChord module in the module development thread a while back.
edit: Also to explain mode 4 a bit, its is ‘random ping pong’ mode. Its like the normal ping pong loop mode (the sample plays forward then in reverse) but instead of always changing directions at the end of the sample, the direction reverses at a different random point in the sample each time.
edit 2: Just realized random ping pong is actually mode 5. Mode 4 is ‘random cut’, basically this just choose a random section of buffer to play each time, kinda like granular playback. Next release I want to add more control so you can control the size of each section more.
@wo3 - really loving both DUST and TITAN modules here, ty so much for making these! Something I noticed:
I have loaded Polybeats, TITAN, DUST, Space Delay (in 1x10 modules 0, 1, 2, 3)
After making a new preset, switching back to “Default” preset, and then coming back to the saved one, DUST seems to disappear from the m2 slot and the module no longer passes audio.
Not sure if this is to do with the DUST module, or orac itself. Repeating the same process with a couple other modules did not yield the same result. On the other hand it IS similar to something I encountered previously, (already reported in ORAC bugs) with a completely different set of modules. In any case I wanted to note the issue before I forget exactly what I was doing when it happened (and really, mostly so I can have a record of it to be able to retest with 1.1 beta.
Anyway I am guessing not much will happen with updating modules until the orac update but just in case this is helpful to someone at any point, it’s documented now
We converted C&G Additive Synth to the Orac. Added ADSR page, and added dynamic cpu control so it behaves better in the orac environment. still very cpu heavy so it will definitely lag if you run it with other expensive synths and samplers. But effects and sequencers seem fine. We even tested two running together and it was working well.
Another C+G conversion from us . This one is of Rhythm Delay+Distort. The Polybeats function is gone and any incoming notes trigger the delays and distortions. Notes are modulated into the 1-24 range and trigger the 12 delays and 12 distorts. 1-12 are delay bursts ranging in length(1 is the shortest, 12 longest), 13-24 are distortion bursts with various intensities.
So the Idea is that you can send any kind of sequencer to this module and then a sound form a parallel sequence. Or in serial it behaves as an effect triggered by the incoming note based sounds.
The package didn’t unzip into the main patches or orac folder as usual. I tried it a couple places, using the browser (organelle.local) and on the organelle, though I don’t remember if I tried just using the file system on the usb drive… I got called away and never got the chance to circle back.
I suppose I can use it as an opportunity to start looking @technobear 's docs to figure out how to convert and package patches for Orac… just had too many irons in the fire to dedicate time properly. I’ll let you know if I manage to get it set up.
Mostly just wanted to give you a heads up! Also that patch is amazing, great choice.
Meadowphysics probably will I think - although the rules options live in the right side
Kria or white whale certainly won’t. I’ve figured a scheme for making Kria work with Orac but now I find myself thinking of porting the newer ansible version - these externals are from the Aleph code. I like the Ansible versions better - although TBH both meadow physics have their strengths. The newer Kria is just better
Whitewhale is pointless without what ever @thetechnobear is going to do for modulation busses - it’s all about modulation. So I’ll wait for 1.1 before even considering that (& no promises - if someone is thinking of making it work don’t let me stop anyone)