New and wondering about capabilities

Hi all,

Just received my Eyesy today and got it up and running. Over the week I’ve been anticipating its arrival I have been thinking up ideas for it. I’ve read a bit and have some coding knowledge but wanted to throw my idea out there for advice. Has anyone used the eyesy to load a background image and a few sprites (3-4 small ones) and have the sprites react to MIDI and/or audio triggers? Any pointers to modes I could start from? Looking forward to embracing this device and community and appreciate any input.

2 Likes

Well, to answer my own question, I wrote a simple mode that loads over a dozen images, most of which are controlled by MIDI messages, and it runs fine on the Eyesy!

It’s probably not the type of content typically found in a synth forum, just a video commemorating my family’s recent trip cross country but was fun to make. Looking forward to making some more “synthy” modes in the future.

2 Likes

Also, to give proper credit, the music is our cover of the kids’ song We Are The Dinosaurs by Laurie Berkner.

1 Like

Great to see the Eyesy being used in a totally different way.

2 Likes