New Patches w/ Sequencer 3 - Overdub, Undo, 14 Sequences, Knob Recording, MIDI Sync, Transport Control

Is there a way to have an empty sequence?

Issue is, I’ve got external clock/transport coming in and it’s starting it and I want it initially empty - then idea is I record something later.
Also it’s a pain when I just want to play the synth eg analog style, but don’t want to have to go messing with midi settings to disable clocks etc.

I think moving a knob will start recording without having to hit any notes

I don’t want to have anything recorded, just a completely empty sequence.

normally the answer would be, if you don’t want a sequence running, then don’t start it.
which is fine, if the organelle is standalone - but if (like I) you have it connected and slaved to an external sequencer , the external transport is going to start the sequencer.
… and currently that appears to always play something.

so its a pain, if you are just using (say) analog style just as a synth - you’re not interested in the sequencer (seq3)

as I said, I could start filtering out the clock/transport signals sent to the organelle,
but sometimes I want this functionality… so it means going back n’ forth on the settings.

for something like analog style, I just use orac, as I can then use the synth on its own,
but this is a problem , I think with any of the newer synth patches that use seq3.
so thought id raise it.

I also generally think it would be nice to be able to have a clear seq function on seq3.
and then allow overdub onto the empty seq if the transport is already started.

its probably an edge case, as it due to me using an external clock/transport.

1 Like

Yeah the knob suggestion was more of a workaround as you can save a sequence with only a small knob change recorded as opposed to a sequence if that makes sense. That’s a good idea though I may look at doing that, I’ve been doing a little goofing with seq3

This makes a lot of sense to me! I could see myself needing similar functionality for seq3 patches/modules in general. I’m curious, for people who do use the sequencers, is the timing slightly delayed in reference to the gear you’re using to clock it? I just noticed this in the sequencebpm modules I will report in appropriate thread.

Could someone please explain me how to turn off " Start Message" from external sequencer. I use Deluge to control Organelle and everytime i push play button the seq3 in my patches start to play or record. I want to turn it off. What should change in patches or maybe in mother.pd? Thank you.

The only way to do this is inside the Pd patch, unfortunately there is no setting on the Organelle to disable (unless you disabled all MIDI).

The seq3 relies on the metronome360 abstraction to provide clock (either MIDI, LINK or internal) and it also sends out the MIDI start / stop. If you open metronome360.pd (inside CG-Pd-Library-Local/metronome/ folder), then disconnect these:

Thank you a lot. You are my hero!

@jani @whalemumford did anyone figure this out? I’m also having this issue with my new Organelle M.