Orac 2.0

Yes, that’s what I got from the video, but in the Pd remote client I don’t have S2.

Doh! Thank you for that, I totally missed it!

Hmm, don’t have access at the moment to check. But have you gone thru all module slots - they are not perhaps in the order you are expecting in PD

When I get back to my Organelle I’ll double check.

1 Like

Yeah, at first I thought I had missed it due to the ordering, but I went through the list several times.

just check on mine and its on mine !?
it goes, A1, S1, A2,S2 (clock) , A3

I have A1, S1, A2, A3, B1, M1, B2, M2, B3, M3, B4, C1, P1, C2, P2, C3.
I’ve just checked orac (on the Organelle), and sure enough, S2 is there.

I can probably have a better look when I’m back from work, I know a little Pd, if you would be so kind as telling me where to look.

That’s the thing, there is nothing on the pd client - this is data sent from the Organelle.
So if the organelle has it, then so does the pd client.

All I can think is perhaps and issue with version of pd your using on Mac/windows ?
( I use latest 49)

But why you should get this and others not, I’ve no idea really

Does this only happen with init or also demo1?

What happens if you change on Organelle and save as a preset does it work?

With demo1 and demo2 I see (in the Pd client, running pd 49 on latest OS X):
A1, S1, A2, A3, B1, M1, B2, M2, B3, M3, B4, C1, P1, C2, P2, C3 (so again, no S2, and same order as init - don’t know how deterministic orac is in sending these over, hence mentioning it).

I then changed S2, as you suggested (to midiout), saved the preset, restarted pd, and lo! S2 shows up after A2. From here on, I can change it to whatever system tool I want, it keeps showing properly on the client, including clock - and this even if I restart the client, and after loading Init again (which I never saved over).

However… if I power cycle the Organelle, it’s gone again!

A small update:

1. I don’t even need to save to make it show up, just loading any other module in S2 does the trick (and it keeps showing after loading back clock), persisting between pd sessions.
  2. I don’t need to power cycle to break it again, exiting orac (by loading another patch) and starting it again will do it.

Hi All,

Excited to get back to organelle and orac after being busy with a few other things. Thanks to everyone here and especially all the major contributors!

I’m having some trouble unzipping user modules - using forklift on Mac when I try to unzip after placing the .zip file into scard/media/orac/usermodules I get the following: The item “/sdcard/media/orac/usermodules” does not exist.

SOLVED - it seems you have to create the sub folders (fx, modulate, sequence, etc) within scard/media/orac/usermodules directory. Then, unzip the user module before moving it to the organelle. Move the resulting folder to the appropriate subdirectory.

So for tremolosync, for example, you’d put it in: sdcard/media/orac/usermodules/fx (you have to create the fx folder)

Thank you to @miker2049 for hinting at this in your notes on patch storage

2 Likes

Just noticing Seq-3 doesn’t quite work well with saving sequences in a preset.
Upon reloading the preset, the first sequence is still there, but it disappears as soon as you switch to any of the other slots… a bit fiddly, but all in all a great module :). Any chance of taking a look and working this out?

Sequence data is slot specific, since you might have multiple seq2/3 running , each in different slots.

With patchmanager you could copy seq data to new slot if you wished.

Or am I misunderstanding the issue?

Yes, sorry that could have been more specific-
by slots I meant slots within seq3 module, not module slots within orac.

So basically: load seq3, get a sequence recorded in slot 1 (of the seq3 module), record something else into slot 2 of the module, save the orac preset, come back to it after shutting down (or going to another orac preset, or patch), and seq #1 is still there, but as soon as you switch to another sequence slot (and then back), it seems to get confused and you loose seq #1. Just double checked this :slight_smile:

What’s patchmanager and how would one do that, seems like it could come in handy - and thanks for the reply. By the way now that I’ve been using new orac a bit I have to say, this is a huge step up, so many things, so well thought out, better workflow and awesome modules, so inspiring to work with. I can’t say enough how great it is. Thank you :smile:

ah, sorry, Im not familiar with seq3, so didn’t realise it had slots as well :slight_smile:

sounds like switching seq3 slots are not loading from the preset data area.

patchmanager is basically a file browser - so if you go to SDCARD , you can manage samples (in /media) and other data (in /data) … you’ll find presets are stored in /data/orac/presets (iirc) :slight_smile:

@thetechnobear hi Mark I saw you using the Push 2 as remote in one of the videos. Is there a patch to download for the Push 2? Sorry if I missed this somewhere.

I think … Install Orac Remote Control patches
and
MEC for Organelle

1 Like

as @keymanpal pointed out, you need to download and install MEC.

start Orac, then start MEC
in MEC rather than using osckontrol as you would if you wanted remote control (from desktop) use pushkontrol.

1 Like

Are any sequencers in orac 2 able to receive transport?
Would be pretty awesome to be able to use all the nifty organelle sequencers with other gear but it seems it’s not currently possible :frowning:

Seq 3?

10 characters

1 Like

Thanks @Wannop - Tried seq3 and not getting transport in orac - it does for you?
idk what’s 10 characters but I’ll try anything at this point lol…