Orac : release 1.0

If I try uploading “brds_mpe.zop” it’s 630KB on the desktop but 32KB when it gets to the SD. Downloading this file off the SD results in a file on the desktop that is now 33KB.

Is my SD card useless?

Also I guess this is now “off topic” as it’s no longer about Orac. I should move my questions to the SD image thread.

yeah, lets move this to the SDCard thread, as I think discussions about copy files, and the C&G file manager are more appropriate there.

sorry, not had much time on Orac (nor Organelle) for last few weeks, as been working on a different ‘project’, that kind of 'jumped the queue ’ :slight_smile:

heres a video about that, and at the end some details about Orac 1.1, which hope to get some time to work on soon… (I had done some on it before , I skipped over to this)

7 Likes

Is there a way to select what Orac rack you want to be loaded first?
Currently it loads ‘default’ but I can’t find a way of getting it to load another rack I’ve created, would be quite useful for live use.

Btw, will Orac 1.1 include panning per chain?
Looking forward regardless.

you can save the default rack to be whatever you want, it doesnt really have any special meaning other than, what to load on startup.

im thinking of save, saving the current preset, and then using that, this would then ‘free up’ default, to mean something else e.g. ‘default template’

panning, im going to take a look for 1.1, assuming no obvious issue then probably …

1 Like

I can save presets but when i restart the organelle there are no presets to choose from But ‘default’. Any ideas?? Thx in advance

we demand norns on organelle (nornganelle??) :upside_down_face:

1 Like

update preset - saves ‘in memory’
you then need to use the save option to save it to ‘disk’

the reason is, saving to disk , could interrupt the dsp…
its also a ‘workflow’ thing, you can mess about with presets all you like, and then as long as you dont save, when you next reload your back to your ‘good set’ - basically I just ‘save’ at the end of a session.
(this becomes more useful once you’ve saved a few good presets :slight_smile: )

P.s. Don’t accidentally ‘save new’ on orac right before you have to leave the house like i did.

first of all… BEAR HUGS. :slight_smile:

Not sure where you are tracking bugs, but just sitting down having another play with Orac, and just using the single chain, I have had crashes when adding in Warps FX towards the end of the chain.

Also, is there anyone listing good combinations of modules?

I’m coming from an OP1 song sketching background and wondering how to get some multitrack tape style stuff going on where the sequencers stay in sync, or there’s some overdubbing recording going on for each chain. I’m just not super familiar with some of the sequencer/utitlity patches that might allow this as I usually use organelle for FX and instruments.

thank you!

1 Like

im keeping an eye on them here…
but what I think im going to do is issue a Orac 1.1 beta (when its ready), which you can retest against, and i’ll actively track bugs on that.
(reason being, theres been quite a few changes for 1.1, which will cure many bugs, might not others, and create some new one :wink: )

for that i’ll also need ‘reproducible’ scenarios or saved presets, as its would be really time consuming for me to sit there hoping it’ll crash.

1 Like

@thetechnobear - Sorry for the delay for our Orac demo video!
We just had too much fun making Orac presets and then jamming with them. Thanks again for making Orac, it is fantastic! We will be releasing some new modules soon.

9 Likes

wow, thanks that’s a great video , great mix of music and how-to , as only C&G can do :slight_smile:
love it, thanks for making it… really glad your enjoying Orac, and looking forward to the new modules.

1 Like

When I use the grds module in Orac 1.0 with Ableton Link, my beats are off by an 8th. This does not happen with the standalone grds that has Ableton Link support.

Is that a known bug?

Hmm, seems odd
no it’s not something I’ve noticed - will try to remember to look into this whilst reviewing the sync on orac1.1

I just double checked: It works fine with Midi Clock and the bug appears as soon as I switch to Ableton Link.

Thanks for your work btw. Orac is the reason I got an Organelle.

Hmm, interesting.
So the link code for previous grids patch , I’d hooked up explicitly, in Orac I’ve used the c&g link enabled clock - so it’s probably something related to that change.

Probably a nasty off-by-one error. I am not yet well versed in Pure Data and all the other Organelle stuff, so the only help I can provide is bug reports.

At least that one is pretty easy to reproduce.

Sorry, my report was inaccurate. The standalone grds works just fine with midi clock and with Link. The orac version is offset by an 8th with midi clock and with Link.

Sorry for the confusion.

1 Like

I know the panning is in contention for orac 1.1 and been previously discussed here – potentially panning per chain, right? Any consensus on what might be the final solution to this @thetechnobear ?

Just wanted to reinforce the issue as I still find it really frustrating that in both C+G and Orac patches a true incoming stereo signal ends up being mono’d out regardless – particularly since there is a dedicated left and right in & out. This is pretty much the only issue I have, with an otherwise incredible tool that both Organelle and Orac are proving to be (thanks so much for all the hard work). I have somehow managed to adapt a couple of C+G patches myself to sort this out but no idea how to do that in Orac, hence the curiosity.

1 Like