Organelle as main synth?

Good enough!.. Even, the mutable instruments ports, seem to sound better than the same in the Arturia Mikrofreak : kp:pst - YouTube
(I did an actual 1:1 comparison and Organelle has clearly more punch in that models…)
Servando Barreiro on Instagram: "#Octatrack #axoloti #organelle #s3rquencer" Here you can see also Octa & Organelle.
Servando Barreiro on Instagram: "#octatrack #s3rquencer #organelle #techno #130bpm"
I actually ended up selling the Octatrack… even though the output sounds great and it has a couple of unique features. I didn’t feel in the mood to spend the time required to put together a liveset (on it) or to compose / improvise music on it.

2 Likes

Organelle M as main synth. Definitely. Yes. :sweat_smile:

4 Likes

I know you have plenty of replies to your question already, but I figure I would chime in anyway. I would say that if you want something that can handle multiple functions but also sound great as a synth, the Organelle is a great choice. There are a number of fairly basic classic synth patches like the Juno port and Aquarius that sound great, not to mention the mellotron emulator on the sampling front. And once you get comfortable with these, Orac offers the potential for really deep sound design that rivals some big name analog synths - with the caveat that you won’t have as many dedicated knobs to twiddle as you might on larger hardware. I will say that this hasn’t been a problem for me because I have used my Elektron Digitakt to control parameters on the Organelle, thus expanding my live control capacity; I’m not familiar with the Octatrack, but I would guess it has similar capabilities.

You also mention granular patches, and the Organelle community really shines here - and with fx / sound processing in general. For all of the above, it probably is my most essential piece of equipment besides my guitar - which is saying a lot, because I also love my digitakt. Hope you enjoy it if you do go down the Organelle road!

3 Likes