Organelle v1 2019 and os 3.2?

Hi, is there any plan to have the 3.2 os for the Organelle v1 (2019)? If so, what’s new in 3.2?

Many thanks,

Nicolas

iirc C&G have said the updated OS will be made available for the organelle-1, later this year.

but, currently there is not much new user functionality, mainly the changes are for supporting the organelle-m.
the update would mainly just bring the organelle-1 in line with the current code base, which is quite a bit different now. but this is ‘future proofing’ , end users wont really notice this.

there are a couple of UI changes e.g. the top status bar (audio etc), now features a wifi indicator, wifi setup in the web app… bound to be others I’ve forgotten :slight_smile:

I personally don’t think there needs to be a rush to put it out, as currently organelle-1 users wont see much.

also, from my side, there are a couple of things Id like to add before the next release (if it aligns with C&Gs timing) - and also Im sure there are a few small things that need may addressing for the organelle-m given experience out in the wild.

(an example, is i want to move VNC work, such that VNC is supported ‘out of the box’ on both organelle-1 and organelle-m… and move it into the Wifi Menu)

anyway, just a personal opinion from what ive seen.

1 Like

I think this would be such a great feature to have “out of the box”. Some new synths offer wireless display options through apps, like the OP-Z, and even though offering patch editing over VNC isn’t exactly the same experience as that, I think it would be great to be able to tell new users they can just enable a setting on the Organelle and get a graphical interface going on any device that can run a VNC client. Thanks for your great work!

yeah…

of course, you can already do this (on both organelle-1 and organelle-m) using my patch on patchstorage here
but it be better integrated, and Id prefer it on the wifi menu, as the work flow is:
Settings -> wifi setup-> start wifi , then start vnc
(whereas currently, you have to come out of wifi menu, go back to top, and select Extras->startvnc)

small thing, but when you do it regularly its nice to make it quick n’ simple :slight_smile:

Any updates on the availability of OS 3.2 for Organelle v1?

Yes, we are working on OS update for Organelle 1… don’t have exact date yet, but shouldn’t be long.

2 Likes

Hey any news about the update? Many thanks.

We just released a new version of OS for Organelle 1. It is OS 4.0 (instead of 3.2):