Pianelle it’s a virtual pianola in the same vein of Synthesia.
I use it mostly for learning new meme songs.
- You can change and reverse speed of playing, or totally control the position of the score.
- Zoom in and out of the score
- Ships with a couple of retro videogame songs but you can add your own.
- Knob 1: Adjust the playback speed. in pause mode, it scroll through the song.
- Knob 2: Adjust the zoom of the score
- Knob 3: Adjust the volume of the organelle keys
- Knob 4: Adjust the volume of the pianola notes
- Aux Button: Toggle pause mode
- Encoder Knob: Select song
- Encoder Button: Exit patch
HOW TO ADD MORE SONGS:
- First of, I wanted to stay vanilla, so I went the route of reading text files instead of directly from midi files. This conversion processes is done on a PC/MAC/LINUX computer. (Maybe python can be run on the organelle, but idkh)
- Add the midi files you want to src/midi/ folder
- Run parseMidi.py
(you need to have installed Python and the mido module: https://pypi.org/project/mido/ )
- The converted midi files will be automatically placed on the miditxt/ folder
- Copy the new txt files (including list.txt) to the miditxt/ folder on the Organelle patch.
DOWNLOAD from patchstorage