Samplenest

In the original version on patchstorage there is no hard limit, you may start noticing artifacts once you go longer than 20-30 seconds.
There is a limit (I think 40 seconds?) in the update I posted here as the loading is done differently.

It is %tmp/media/samples for samplenest. It depends which patch you want to convert, if it only read files with set names it might not work easily.

I made a one voice version of samplenest called sampletwig for orac, it loads samples but doesn’t record: Modules for the Orac

A module for recording shared samples would be useful too, I might work on that I’ve finished a few other modules I’m working on. I think @thetechnobear is planning on adding some kind of native sample support to ORAC later as well.

Also, how do you get a sample into samplenest?..

If you’ve ditched the usb for SD card patch storage I believe the “Media” folder name needs to be lower case.

Do I put the folder in patches, samplenest, or is it a standalone folder?

Create a folder call media along side the patches folder.
Then create a folder called samples inside the media folder.

All lower case.

i did that, and I still don’t see it appearing on the actual organelle itself… it wasn’t in the patches folder, but it was on the organelle usb drive… sorry to annoy you with more questions btw

you won’t see it on the organelle itself - but the samples will be available from within the samplenest patch (i.e. after you load the patch, you’ll now be able to use any sound files that you’ve put into your “samples” folder).

I get it now! I just haven’t loaded any samples yet! Thanks!

2 Likes

Sorry to be annoying, but I have one final question, I promise this is the last question: do the samples have to be a certain type of file or meet a certain requirement to pu them in the folder?

The files need to be wav format. I think any wav file will work, if its longer than 20-30 seconds the sound quality may degrade though.

hello WyrdAl, samplenest is fantastic! i have a question: it is possible to put in media folder not one samples folder but two? like: Media/samples & samples2, samples3 etc? for have more folders in media/ to load not one series of samples but two or more. samples1, samples2 samples 3 etc??? thanx!

1 Like

Hi, unfortunately that wouldn’t be very straightforward. You could try modifying different copies of samplenest to look in different folders (you would need to change the object called ‘symbol /tmp/media/samples/*.wav’ in the file soundshare/soundshare_select.pd).

1 Like

thnx! its working!

Hi! New organelle user here! I LOVE the concept of this sampler but I am still having the same issue where I cannot access my samples in Screen 1.
My first question about the file paths: does the path need to exist solely on the USB drive or can it also exist on the SD card?
Do they have to be on the same drive, or can the /Media/samples path be on the usb while the rest of the patch lives on the SD card?
Does the patch assume that it will live on the usb drive, as opposed to the sd card?

I am also having an issue with recording samples. When I am in the record screen, hit the aux button to begin recording, it seems to start out okay, but then the organelle freezes and starts playing the last frequency it sampled.

I am also running OS 4.0 - do you think that would have anything to do with this? I know this thread is years old but @WyrdAl I was wondering if you had any plans for an update?? (pretty please???)

I don’t have 4.0 installed, but I think it should work.
I think it should be in the same place as the patch, so if its on the sd card the media folder should be there as well.
Make sure the “media” and “samples” folders are both all lower case, that could be an issue as paths on the SD card are case sensitive.

Hello, I also new user.

I just checked samplenest on Organella 1 with OS 4 and OS 3.1. But no sound.
On page 3 it seems I can record samples, on page 1 I can see sample names but no sound.

Please help as samplenest is the best sampler patch on organelle.

Regards,

Dimitry

Hi,

I’m glad I’ve found this thread and the Beta version of the patch. I’ve been using for a couple of hours now. However, the settings saving does not work correctly with the Organelle’s feature. I tried both “Save” and “Save New” and the patch behaves very randomly with either one, the values don’t get saved so it’s impossible to save and continue working on a composition later. In general, saving work and presets on Organelle is its least polished thing, but in this patch this is even more frustrating. Any idea what’s causing this inconsistency?

For FIRMWARE 4.0 on ORGANELLE M, this is what I had to do to get it to work:

-Create a folder on the SD Card called “media” and a subfolder inside of that called “samples,” all lowercase. So /media/samples and then put all of the .wav files in there.
-Download the samplenest patch, unzip it, go into soundshare/soundshare_select.pd and open it in PD.
-Change the file field to sdcard/media/samples/.wav. It previously said tmp/media/samples/.wav.
-Rezip the folder, and upload that as a patch.

Hope this helps someone.

1 Like

I hope no one minds me reviving this very old thread…

I downloaded Samplenest and I’m enjoying using it, but I’m having a few issues.

Firstly, only about 5 samples are actually loading into the patch. Has anyone else experienced this? I have more than 5 samples in the media folder (I uploaded all of the samples that came with the patch). EDIT Fixed this, some of the samples were in the wrong folder.

Secondly, I just want to make sure I’m understanding knob #1 in the sample page correctly. Is the way it works that essentially that every key is an empty slot that you can put a sample into (different samples or multiples of the same sample)? And knob 1 is just how you select which sample goes in the slot/key?

Thank you!