Tombola Sequencer

One thing i find really cool about the OP-1 is the tombola sequencer. Is there any patch of this sort on the organelle? Would it be possible?

not sure if there is one available,

its certainly possible… its quite common, and based on ‘bouncing ball physics’ ,which you then just play with gravity and where the edges are. as a sequencer is not vital to be too accurate on the physics, so you can take shortcuts to keep cpu under control.

I’ve not used the OP-1 version, but id assume its based on the common ones which are to play a note when it hits an edge? is the note determined by ball number?, or by the edge it hits?

theoretically could do in pure data, but id guess much easier to do in C/C++…
(maybe just me, i find this kind of stuff a pain to do in PD)

(if you google “bouncing ball pure data” you’ll find various examples which might be useful as a starting point… or not :wink: )

thanks. ive been looking at both the op1 and the organelle for a while. and while the op1 seems a good pick up and play easy to learn type of thing, the organelle seems like i could really do whatever i imagined if i put the time in. i was looking at different things the op1 can do and i feel like i could probably just create it for the organelle if theres not already a patch. i think the only things the op1 wins is the built in mic and rechargeable battery for portability. and maybe some of the screen aspects. but i just learned of the organelle and its been out for a while so maybe there will be an updated one coming sometime soon.

edit: also i think it would be cool to make a “tape” machine effect to use in the same way the op1 uses its “tape”

yeah, the OP-1 and Organelle are very different beasts, they are not really interchangeable.
(if you search this forum, you’ll see quite a bit of discussion on this)

as with anything, really you just need to pick what suits your needs better…
the OP-1 has quite a specific set of tools, and a particular workflow - if that’s what you need its very cool - it ‘just works’ out of the box, and all its tools integrate very well.

the organelle can however go places the OP-1 cannot, just because its open , but this openness can mean the patches feel more like ‘islands’. this is why I created Orac, to be able to link things up together a bit more… but that’s still a very different feeling to what you’d get with an OP-1 (or for that matter an OP-Z)