USB Connectivity with Organelle M

Hey guys! I know this may have been covered, but I’m still just a newbie here with the Organelle M, and can’t actually find a solution here.

I’m simply trying to connect a controller to the USB port on my organelle and control with MIDI controller.
I’ve tried an M-audio key station, a Micobrute, a Juno and a prophet. I’ve turned on the midi on the organelle, and I’ve even tried specific Chanels. I’ve reset. I’ve checked cable.

Nothing seems to be working. Is there a secret I’m missing? Should I just give up and get the MIDI 1/8" midi adapter? Fear is the same thing will happen.
suggestions?
Thank you.

At the bottom of the MIDI menu is the line that says "Device: xxxxxx " where you can select the connected USB-MIDI device. Can you see the M-audio key station, a Micobrute, a Juno and a prophet listed when they are connected? If not, select the Device line and press the encoder to enter the Device menu. Scroll here to select your connected device.Be sure to save your MIDI selections when you are done. Reload your patch just to be sure it is loaded with correct MIDI settings.

1 Like

aw thanks Chris! I must have missed that in the manual. The menu that read Device:Midi Through Port needs to be changed to whatever active controller you are using. Is that correct? Everything seems to be working great now, thank you! I’m sure I’ll be back with so many questions. What a fantastic little box.
Cheers! Kev

Hi all.
This post seems to be the most recent one on this issue.
I just got an Organelle M, and been unable to communicate midi via USB from BeatsepPro, KeyLab or Digitakt.
I’m running ver 4.2 on the Organelle. I’ve gone through all the steps mentioned above, including choosing the device (which is showing all ok on the midi menu) and then save the settings. Using midi channels “omni” or the particular one set on the emitting device.
The usb cable is fine, as it works making the midi comunication between other devices.
Any tips?..is someone else having the 4.2 version causing issues on midi via usb?
Thanks

Sometimes I have issues with my Organelle recognizing USB Midi if I have them plugged in on boot. Try turning it on and then plugging them in

After you have selected the MIDI device and saved the In/Out channel settings in the MIDI Menu, are you reloading the patch?

Are the BeatsepPro, KeyLab, and Digitakt being powered with their own power supplies?

I have connected the USB while its powered, and also tried before powering. Have also rebooted connecting…no difference between all these tries.

Yes, I am using their own power supplies…I have read about a midi monitor utility, and found it on patchstorage, will be installing it to check what it detects.

So I have installed the midi monitor 2.0.
While running the Beatstep Pro (BSP), I am able to see it on the Organelle midi devices setup. I have selected it, saved, reloaded the patch. Midi monitor shows no midi input at all, it gives the message “midi waiting…”. No reaction whatsoever from organelle to BSP key pressing. (BSP works just fine with other devices)
While running the Digitakt, Organelle midi device does NOT detect it. It shows “none”. (Digitakt works just fine with other devices).
I just got this Organelle M second hand (from Reverb), I’m thinking maybe something faulty with it…would think maybe the ports? Although, the USB ports work as they should with the wifi dongle…
Software?..I’ve restored it to factory settings (tried os 4.2 and 4.1)…
Any tips?

UPDATE

I have recently bought an old Novation launchpad and following all the steps as mentioned above have plugged it to the Organelle. It connected just fine, and worked just fine. After this, and having discarded the possibility of a faulty hardware, I have done another attempt at connecting my BSP, to my surprise, it worked! Just like that, BSP and Organelle are now communicating via USB MIDI just as it should.

Wishing the best of luck to others with a similar issue.
(and bear in mind that although at first it might seem that your organelle is hardware-faulty, there are some quirky solutions out there…!)

• Fred
1 Like