Problem with USB MIDI connection Arturia Beatstep Pro and Organelle

Hi everyone,
I am experiencing some issues with the MIDI connection via USB cable of my Arturia Beatstep Pro with my Organelle.
Basically, I should have followed precisely the instructions for the MIDI Setup on the Organelle, say:

1. Connect the Arturia via USB to Organelle
  2. Turn on the Arturia
  3. Select ‘Arturia Beatstep pro’ as ‘Device’ in the midi Setup of the Organelle;
  4. Check the midi IN/OUT settings (just to be sure all is fine);
  5. Save & reload the patch

However the Organelle seems is not receiveing any MIDI message (neither from the control mode nor the sequencers nor drum sequencer) and I do not understand why… Indeed the Arturia Beatstep Pro works perfectly fine on Ableton.

Can anyone help me?

Just for additional info, the MIDI settings are currently the following:

Organelle:
Midi In: Enabled
Midi In Ch.: Omni
Midi Out: Enabled
Midi Out Ch.: 1

Beatstep Pro:
User Channel: 1
Seq1 Send MIDI Channel: 2
Seq1 Rcv MIDI Channel: 3
Seq2 Send MIDI Channel: 4
Seq2 Rcv MIDI Channel: 5
Drum Send MIDI Channel: 10
Drum Rcv MIDI Channel: 11

Thanks,
–marsch

Hi,

From looking at other posts other users have gotten the BSP and Organelle synced up. There’s nothing out of the ordinary with your setup.

Have you checked this thread? (please ignore anything about ‘patchloaded.sh’ - this is not needed)

A simple thing to try is to set the Organelle’s MIDI Input channel to a specific channel instead of ‘Omni’…so, say, MIDI CH 2 to receive the BSP’s Seq1.

only quasi-related, but I recently had problems with the Keystep Pro communicating with my Organelle V1 via usb midi… I was unable to solve the problem and ultimately traded up to an Organelle M to resolve the issues by utilizing the TRS midi instead. I never had problems with the original Keystep and the Organelle V1, but maybe the way usb midi is implemented on the BSP and the KSP is similar in how it disagrees with the organelle os.

Hi, I need to check better, but it seems very likely there are connectivity issues between the organelle M and the BSP as you said. That would be a pity…

Hi,
some bad new. I tried also with MIDI cables but the issue is still there. I also set the organelle to specific midi input channels (say, 1 or 2) but nothing changes, in that the Organelle M is not receiving any message from the BSP.
I had read the forum on

but it seems to me that I correctly set up the midi settings. So I do not understand the problem…

Any help?

thx,
–marsch