What happened to EYESY progress

Is there any further development ? Is there somewhere people are uploading patches? Did everyone just forget it? Was it too expensive for a pi in a box with an open source OS? Its sad that such a beautiful device never got the popularity of the ETC, perhaps everyone moved to software?

2 Likes

Maybe COVID has had some effect with people not doing gigs??

I recently picked up an Eyesy and was wondering what’s happening too. Can only speculate.

I am a new owner and have been wondering about this as well. I’m particularly interested in the OpenGL work being done. Hope that is still happening!

2 Likes

I followed the instructions and the EYESY won’t boot off the SD card that I flashed with this beta image, “No signal” on HDMI output. I went back to the original SD card and EYESY boots fine.

Patches are shared here: EYESY Archives | Patchstorage

The last share was 4 months ago and there’s very little activity. I have downloaded all of them and most work for me. I have used the editor to change some of the programmings, but I’m not skilled enough in Python to make my own from scratch yet.

I have a desire to build a kelidescope mode, but don’t know where to start. So for now, I pipe the HDMI into an NDI converter, bring the signal into Modul8 and/or MadMapper and apply effects there. I really love the EYESY and would love to collaborate with other users so hit me up if you have the Python skills.

@midi_marc on IG

Hi, we haven’t heard of this issue with that disk image. Did Balena Etcher provide any error notifications? RE: “No signal” on HDMI, did you boot up the EYESY while it was connected to your HDMI device? If not, it will default to the composite output (same as the Python mode OS).

No errors. I tried twice. Not sure what the issue is.

Is there somewhere we can get updates on this? Also kind of unclear about the implications of this development. Any place that goes over what this does?

3 Likes

It would be seriously nice to get a 2022 ‘State of the Eyesy’ update: when the openFrameworks/Lua fork will come out of beta, how to load/find new scenes, maybe a better/bigger scene library?

Hopefully, there’s still some forward progress on this awesome device.

10 Likes

Up!
Is Eyesy dead?

2 Likes

I posted this in the how to port ETC patches to EYESY thread but:

if people (or critter and guitari themselves) been porting ETC modes to EYESY it would be a real asset to eyesy to have the over 100 community made ETC patches available on patch storage (credited to the original creator). this would definitely give a better initial value proposition for eyesy out of the box with way more modes to play with .

3 Likes

The total silence from C&G makes me think it is.