Working on a gate orac module

One of my favourite things to use/abuse in electronic music are the gate tools in ableton live and i’d really like to get an orac module that works as close to this one as possible:

http://whereisdarran.com/2014/02/exploring-the-gate-effect-in-ableton-live/

I have tried a couple of examples i found online and I have a simple gate with threshold and decay working. With some careful gain staging it works pretty ok. Unfortunately, this gate has no attack stage so produces pops when the audio gate opens so I’m really just appealing to you guys for any good examples of transient triggered gates in pd patches with:

1. Attack
  2. Hold
  3. Release
  4. Threshold

Thanks for any help

3 Likes

Hey! Does this have the same effect as tweaking the “note length” in polybeats? Was just thinking about something like this, or even to add a gate to an existing module. Did you ever make any progress with the attack stage? Any advice for adding this to a module like Basic Poly? I’m thinking to add it to the main page and move the transpose over to p 2. Gonna dig into it a bit later :slight_smile:

I’ve been pining for a more capable orac sequencer that does transport and has this parameter, and then realized it’s likely possible to add the parameter and sequence from my MPC.

Would line / line~ take the clicks/pops out? that’s what i’ve always used to remove clicks from audio. but I’m not sure in the context of a gate.

1 Like

Yes, line~ into *~ will help you to do fades in and out.

1 Like