C & G Midi controller for the Organelle

I used this sentence in the MIDI-Config.txt file and it is always 1 in 1 out. I already tried with 4 different controllers.

Hahaha true that! Me bad hombre :smile:
Thanks man, and happy holidays :christmas_tree:

if you want 2 in , 0 out
then itā€™ll be something like
alsaconfig 28:0 128:0 28:1 128:0

I tried that but didnā€™t work

Ok this will probably be because you 2nd controller has a different id . Run my diagnostics patch and post results.

diag_log.txt.zip (4.1 KB)

1 Like

ok, my 3.1 beta should allow for multiple controller using alsa
Id appreciate if you test it ā€˜normallyā€™ first, then once all is ok, I will explain how to configure for multiple devices.

http://forum.critterandguitari.com/t/organelle-os-3-1-tb-beta?source_topic_id=455

important note: as from this beta 3.1, MIDI-Config.txt is no longer used/needed.

@chkbeto
btw: for reference when we get there, the important details are, remind me at that time :slight_smile:

28:0 nanoKONTROL Studio nanoKONTROL Studio MIDI 1
32:0 nanoPAD2 nanoPAD2 MIDI 1

1 Like

Thanks Technobear, 3.1beta going smooth :dark_sunglasses:

Iā€™ll wait for that explanation when you got the chance, of course.

Kudos :+1:

1 Like

Oh, Iā€™m in line also :wink: @thetechnobear
(combine more then one USB input controller)

@chkbeto Good news! Check here
How to : Advanced Midi Setup (3.1)

1 Like

Thanks man :hammer:

What?! Thatā€™s awesome!! Iā€™m apparently way behind on Axoloti news these daysā€¦ Thanks for the catch up!

I don think you should expect it to arrive anytime soon. But I could be wrongā€¦

1 Like

iā€™m good at holding my breath! been holding it for Op-Z about a year now. ā€¦a bit blue in the face, but I think iā€™ll make it!

1 Like

:sweat_smile:

6 posts were split to a new topic: MIDI Connectivity: Organelle, iconnectaudio4+. and iPad

I think a class compliant Critter & Guitari MIDI controller with 16 knobs and 16 buttons, some or all that can also work as toggles (with status LEDs) would be awesome.

Iā€™m genuinely not understanding - I havenā€™t actually tried hooking this up myself, but wouldnā€™t this be the exact specs of the MIDI Fighter Twister controller? 4x4 push encoders = 16 knobs and 16 buttons, and there are multi-colored rings as status LEDS. Is there something stopping anyone from this as a solution?

EDIT - oh, this thread is years old, not from this morning like I thought. that might make a differenceā€¦

Yes I had started it when the Organelle was unable to use more than one midi controller. Now it can. :slight_smile: The other idea was to have an accessory that can be directly addressed from inside Pure Data, like the knobs on the organelle.

The MIDI Fighter Twister is almost a good controller, but personally, I would like separate buttons, not only clickable rotaries.