201 Pocket Piano dead (full memory)

Hi.
Been tinkering with presets and swapping some. Wanted to install Yellotron but said not enough memory. Deleted a few Synth presets up to all Synth presets. Still not enough memory.
After that I wasn’t even able to install back the original presets.

Since I backed up the stock folders I just deleted everything and wanted to reinstall the original folders as from factory…NOT ENOUGH MEMORY.

As I check the available memory on the 201 in disk mode it says 0 free memory but there’s basically nothing on it.

It doesn’t even enter disk mode any more!

Now I have a dead 201PP. Help needed. Thank y’all.

Hi,

With most removable media, deleting files/folders usually puts the files/folders into the trash can, but they remain on the drive, taking up space. To fully remove the deleted objects from the SD card, the trash can must be emptied. The trash to empty would be found in your OS.

…but it sounds like you should start with a fresh OS install on the current SD card. Instructions for flashing the OS .

Not sure if this is helpful but installing the new version of Yellotron the other day bricked my 201. I had to do a fresh install, and it bricked it any time installed yellowtron, so staying away from it for now

There definitely was an issue with Yellotron’s bank selector (tone knob) which was causing crashes at high tempo settings. This has been fixed in a new update (v 1.1, released 8/15/24), it also implements elements of the factory sampler module to get rid of some clicks that were happening when triggering a lot of notes with long decay quickly. It’s been working without issue for me, the other synths i have installed are prese(p)tavox, Rich FM, low-pass-synth, Topaz 1 + Compac 2, and Hammond. I’d be hesitant to try and run it alongside other sample-heavy synths (Pacifica, Astral Tape Dream, Sample) but admittedly I haven’t experimented much with that yet. My rec for the OP would be to try reflashing the OS, that’s worked for me in the past